JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Cliff- Cheers dude. Few things. 1. Lili’s the only one with a hoodie that is most definitely a Not Venom hoodie, Danni doesn’t have one (it’s a shot of Lili with the hood up and the hood down, might be worth opening it in a new tab because you’ll be able to zoom in). 2. With Bast, the costume would have looked way too bland if it was just black, so I made her a Black and White cat, with some gold because why not. 3. Namine Ritsu an UATUloid (a type of Japanese vocal synthesiser program given characters to identify the individual voices, like Vocaloids). None of the UATUloids have appeared in any anime as far as I’m aware, but the style is very simmular, because the designs for the characters are of Japanese origin. But Ritsu’s character is one to google, the backstory give to the character is mental.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Chris Seers, also known as Kaitlin, is a cross-dresser. Raised by less than understanding parents, he was always a very introverted and quiet child and a prime target for bullies. To cope with this, he turned to crossdressing as a way to escape being himself, encouraged by his more supportive elder sister, who helped buy Chris clothes as he was too embarrassed and anxious about buying them himself. He now lives with his sister after his father found out about his “hobby” and was, shall we say, actively against the idea (violently so in fact).

Also, men’s fashion is utterly boring. I don’t do male characters often anymore and that’s the reason. With female characters, you’ve got so much variety, but guys it’s just shirt/ t-shirt and jeans with maybe a coat/ jacket or hoodie. So is it any wonder that when I do actually get round to doing a male character, he’s a crossdresser?

Oh and you can see “Kaitlin” on the last page

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

djuby
    Participant

Very nice. Now enter the CDC.

Tiberius

Very nice character and backstory. I also really like the Magician, pretty sweet!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Tiberius- Cheers

@djuby- If you insist. Haven’t had much time this week, so this isn’t brilliant. Ironically, it’s a redesign of a redesign of an entry for the first Electric PD themed contest done way back in 2013. However, I changed the name after the first redesign and the name I changed it to was the name of another character on the list of PD Electric characters, which I only just realised. Oh well.

The original was blue, but considering the character I thought I was redesigning wore green, I had changed the costume to green, but then it ended up looking too much like Electro, so I changed to turquoise. That really didn’t work, so I just went back to blue again, because it works.

Attachments:

Tiberius

I think it’s a great color choice. Good job on the ‘bolt’ placements/designs.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Tiberius- Cheers

Anyway, more Chris/ Kaitlin

It took a long time for Chris to feel comfortable going out dress as Kaitlin, even with his sisters support and encouragement. Even when he did eventually gather up the courage, he felt too self-conscious to go out in a skirt and spent most of the time silent and staring at the floor, scared someone would recognise him or realise that he was a guy in drag. However, after a while he became more comfortable and managed to get his voice to sound more feminine consistently, allowing him to hold conversations with strangers without his voice cracking or straining. However, this has had one uncomfortable side-effect. There have been occasions where other guys have hit on him, something which Chris finds incredibly awkward and embarrassing.

Attachments:

Tiberius

I like reading the story as it progresses (along with the character), very interesting. Also, nice color on the jeans which adds to a great outfit. Well done.

JR19759
    Keymaster

And now we get to meet Chris’ sister, Vanessa. 6 years older than her brother,  Vanessa has a keen eye for fashion and she works at a large clothing retailers, where she will often use her staff discount to buy her brother his outfits. Vanessa always butted heads with their parents and moved out fairly early. She moved into a small flat which she rented out with her then-boyfriend, but when they broke up, she let Chris move in, mostly to get him away from their father but also because she just liked having her little brother around again. 

Attachments:

cliff
    Participant

JR,
    I love Chris/Kaitlin and how she is progressing. Love the hair, face, figure, clothes and story so far. The vulnerable unsure expression, then the hair change, and slight make-up and more assured, happier face with the slight shift to more female clothes.

I remember wrapping sheets around me toga fashion, then eventually dressing in my Mom’s clothes after school before Mom & Dad got home after work. Of course there were drag Halloween costumes after I moved out from home, and when I moved to Dallas an old boyfriend was with a dragqueen who became my drag-mother and taught me everything and I joined the Court to help raise money for chairites.
    There is something very liberating putting on wig, make-up, a dress, jewelry and pumps.
    One night I wore my own hair parted down the middle, some girl makeup, my wife’s pantsuit and a pair of flats, I was with my wife and my boyfriend at the time who was in FULL DRAG. We went to Buddie’s, a lesbian bar, Dixie Leigh was ignored, I got picked up by a dyke who came up and said “Hi, I’m Mur-a-lan (Marilyn)” and she wanted to dance with me.I loved to dance and Madonna’s Express Yourself was on so I danced with her and had fun. During the song Marilyn said, “I’ll take my girlfriend home and come back ….” I honest to RuPaul said “Oh goodness look at the time, I have work in the morning …. gotta go” and we left. Dixie was furious i got picked up and she didn’t, Thing was she LOOKED like a drag queen, I looked real heh.

Back to you …. I like Vanessa too, glad Kaitlin has someone to help her learn fashion, hair and makeup and just someone to be there for her. Vanessa has a great look, can’t wait to seem some more of her style and how much rubs off on Kaitlin.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Cliff- Firstly, thanks. Secondly, despite being a cross-dresser, Chris still identifies as male (and straight, mostly), so you should technically refer to him as he rather than she. But anyways….

Originally this was going to be a selfie with Vanessa holding the camera, but I just couldn’t get the angling on the arm to work.

Anyway, Chris isn’t entirely comfortable with people knowing about Kaitlin yet, but Vanessa just loves taking pictures of her handy-work, much to Chris’ embarrassment. He’s especially self-conscious about pictures where he is wearing a bra and padding (such as this one). He originally didn’t wear bras, but curiosity got the better of him one day and he tried on one of his sisters. Unfortunately for Chris, Vanessa caught him and insisted on going out and buying him some of his own, which he know feels obliged to wear even though he finds them incredibly uncomfortable.

Attachments:

Tiberius

Nice job! I had to laugh at Chris/Kaitlin as I realized he seemed embarrassed by the picture before I even read the description, so well done on that. What makes it truly funny though is how much fun Vanessa is having with it all, even if Chris/Kaitlin is currently embarrassed.

Herr D
    Participant

. . . I can understand his plight. An ex of mine wanted to dress me as her Ken doll, and that felt weird without gender / identification / social stigma /sibling boundary issues. Well portrayed.

Selfies are common enough I can tell you that looking at them on the net, you want an odd, round-cornered, fade-away triangle for the foreshortened arm. Difficult.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Tiberius & Herr D- Cheers guys.

Anyway, renaming and reposting this one for the current contest.

Attachments:

hawk007
    Participant

I like it. All the pieces fit together really well, and the shading’s pretty detailed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.