JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

After contracting the Vampirism virus, Victoria Lewis became a subject of interest to a great many organisations, due to her being the only known esper to contract the virus and one of very few people to contract the virus who has been able to resist its mental influence. However, she decided to join the organisation known as Nightwatch, due to their expertise in vampirism and other “supernatural” occurrences. What Victoria soon learnt though was, while Vampires and Werewolves may not be as supernatural as many people believe, there are still plenty of things that go bump in the night.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Something else. Feedback would be appreciated.

Funny thing is, I’ve had this finished for over a week, I just couldn’t be bothered to post it up here, mainly because no-one comments anymore, not just on my thread, but in general. People post a picture a day and no-one reacts. I know I’m guilty of that to some extent, but still. It doesn’t help that some of the best commenters have disappeared. I haven’t seen DiCicatriz, DeliriousAl, Linea24, Jeimuzu, Nug or Stutle around for ages. Add on top of that how truly aweful the response to everything on the blog has been over the last few months (with the exception of a few lists) and you get the feeling that the community is starting to fall apart. And that’s sad, considering how amazing this community used to be, both before the UGO split and for the first two or so years afterwards. But now people seem to be loosing interest I guess.

Anyway, sorry for getting all depressing and stuff. Guess I’m just in a bad mood.

JR out.

Attachments:

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

i’m not the commenter you are looking for. And that might be good, since there is a chance that it will suprise you and make happy. At least i hope that will happen. Anyway, a moment ago i decided to check forums after ages of not doing so, and this is first thing i noticed. Anyway, i got something for you, feedback! Not just one, but two, about two seperate things.

Art/picture feedback:

Would never think to use these items as pillows (+1)

No big flaws (at least i can’t find any) (+1)

natural-looking pose (+1)

great bedding-bending effect (not sure how to name it in english) under her legs (+1)

She looks nice, as most of characters you create (+1)

shading is good, but for me the belly seems to be not shaded at all, and that makes my shading-must-be-everywhere-until-everything-is-black-like-black-hole-in-darkness-of-cold-and-deadly-space sense tingle like crazy (+1 and -0,5 = 0,5?)

overall, good work (+0,9)

And now…
    Sad-Text-Under-art/image feedback:

reading this made me sad (-1)

really sad (-1)

someone hug the sadness out of me (-1)

You managed to made me think about forum and comunitty (+1)

you managed to remind me that comments are important (+1)
    You managed to made me think why i actually don’t comment on forums (+1)

you managed to scare me with community-falling-apart stuff (-1)

you managed to made me think if i should start commenting on forums (+1)

Anyway…

I really feel bad now for not commenting, while i often quietly demanded other people to comment my stuff. Not promising anything (no magic-fueled-change-of-heart there), but i will try to not forget again about forums. Gonna try to comment stuff the people are dropping here. Maybe i wont be lazy to the point where i don’t even have willpower to write few comments here and there.

Ps. its my second try in writing this. At first try, i got logged out while writing, and all text got deleted

Ps2. sorry for bad grammar

Ps3. its 01:11 at night at my place. That’s how much you made me write this comment. Stop writing depressing stuff, or i might not be able to sleep at all ;_ ;

Vengeance
    Participant

Yea I know what you mean , I miss the old days back on UGO when you could count on people to tell you what they liked and what they did not. , maybe the key is for us few to pick up the torch and run.

By the way the pic is very cool I only use machine to make superheroes , seeing your real person real pose is very cool and shows what can be done with Machine

Linea24
    Participant

Really like her pose. It’s really natural looking.

As for why I haven’t really been commenting and the sort: I’ve been really busy with stuff in real life, plus I’ve also been playing a lot of video games recently. Not to mention Flash Fiction Month.

But I’ll try to be a little more active from now on.

Vampyrist
    Participant

I agree with everyone else, it is sad the community has become less active. For me, I have no excuse other than laziness. I’m on summer break and have oodles of free time, but I just haven’t been commenting or posting as much as a I should be.

For your picture, I agree with everyone else regarding the pose looking natural, though maybe the right leg should be above the underwear slightly, and the exquisite use of items to complete the bed. Also I really like her hair, it looks really naturally laid out, if that makes sense.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Lull-Carae- I borrowed the idea for the pillows from Kicktar. And there isn’t that much shading on her stomach but it is there. Oh and two things. 1. *gives hug* and 2. don’t worry about your grammar.

@Vengeance- I know what you mean and I’ve been trying to comment as much as I can.

@Linea24- Hope everything is ok now.

@Vampyrist- I know what you mean about the right leg. It’s a real pain in the ass to get it to work. Without the underwear the pose works fine, but the leg cuts in unnaturally when the underwear are added, so I tried to masking and it only kinda worked. I’ll have to edit it. It looks all kinds of awkward when I look at it now.

Valyndril
    Participant

First, nice pose, it looks very natural. It’s not over charged either, but the surrounding object make for good balance. There’s 2 things that really caught my eye: she has a very pretty face that has character and wow! the perspective on her higher leg is well done! (although its true that it should have been over the underwear, I know the limitations)

Its true that the community is quieter than I remembered, but then, having left for a year, I’m part of the problem. I’ll try to stay more active, as this community is a very nice, very enjoyable one!

JR19759
    Keymaster

I’ve made some edits to the underwear masking so it forms better over the raised leg. Look any better guys?

Attachments:

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

Didn’t noticed it before (or just didn’t wanted to look there to much), but yea, now it’s better

Vampyrist
    Participant

It’s better now, not that there was anything really wrong with it before.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Cool pic!

I’m still lurking around, just haven’t been very active as of late. Work/real life getting in the way. I still ‘machine from time to time, but they’ve been very quick and easy, nothing I thought was worth posting.

I’ll try to be more active though, at least in commenting occasionally.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Back to old habits. I can’t help it, they’re my favourite characters…

Oh, and that isn’t a Venom hoodie. Venom’s spider is different. It’s a “Not A Venom” Hoodie

Attachments:

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

Both Danni and Lili look cute/beautyful as always(+1)

shading at high lvl (+1)

faces at super high lvl (+1)

Not-a-venom hoodie… i died (from laughter) (+9000)

overall: JR favorite characters are mine favorite characters (actually, all characters i see are my favorite. Can’t decide only at one/two, like always) (+1)

JR19759
    Keymaster

Cheers Lull

Anyway, was working on a combined picture of Lili and Danni with new costumes. Had almost finished it, only had the shading to do. I load up another save so I can copy the text and make room for more saves. Open the Save pop-up and… no combined picture.

The file just vanished. And now I don’t know what to do with my self. That’s around 4 hours of my life that just disappeared without a trace. So, off to start again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.