JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Cheers DiCi.

Anyways guys, if you read the Random Facts post above then you might have guessed that I’m thinking of giving Lili a new tattoo, specifically a full sleeve on her left arm. Problem is I’m not 100% happy on a design yet. I’ve got 4 designs I’m semi-happy with, which I’ll post to DeviantArt in an attempt to gauge popularity of the designs over there, but for her I’m going to be a bit more ambitious. So, what I’m going to do is reopen my Redesign Thread and if you guys want to have a go at doing a design, you’re welcome to. You can find it here so if you could have a go it’d be much appreciated.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok, so I’ve decided on Lili’s new tattoo design, so this is pretty much how she’s going to look from now on.

It’s pretty interesting to see how different Lili looks now to her original design from 3 years ago.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Very cool! Glad you liked the sleeve that much. I like the darker colors and arrangement you ended up with.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@DiCicatriz- Cheers dude. Any chance you’d be interested in doing an art trade? I’d love to see your take on Lili & Danni.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

That would be awesome! Aaah! I’m so excited to get some free time now and ‘machine them.

Hmm… if we’re already dealing with same sex couples, maybe you could do Howl and Eidolon? You could do them as casual as you like, their “superhero” outfits are mostly street clothes anyway.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@DiCicatriz- It’s like you read my mind. I need to practice doing male characters anyway.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@DiCicatriz- Ok, here you go. Spent all day on this, so hope you like it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

So cute! Looooove. I like how Howl’s expression is a little sheepish. Good job on all the tats too, I think you nailed them all.

Well, fair’s fair, so here’s my half the trade. I think I went a little edgier than usual for Lilli and a little more butch than I would have wanted for Danni, but I think they look cute together at least.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

@DiCicatriz- Love the costumes, dude. I’m gonna have to borrow them.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Anyways…

With Sarah being a personal trainer and Lili being a closet fitness nut, the two obviously work out together, with Sarah acting as Lili’s personal trainer as well. However, their workouts aren’t always the usual running on a treadmill and lifting some weights. Both have a history in partaking in combat sports, so at least one day a week they will devote to Mixed Martial Arts training. Whilst at uni, Lili took up kickboxing as a way to encourage herself to keep fit and active, whilst Sarah is a black belt in both Tae Kwon Do and Judo, both of which she learnt while she was growing up, and both are learning Muay Thai. Sarah says that the martial arts training is a good way to round out a workout regime, as it promotes a high level of fitness and conditioning, bringing together all of the rest of the exercises done during the week.
    It is safe to say that, when the two spar, it is always Sarah who comes out on top. Lili just can’t compete with Sarah’s higher stamina and better co-ordination. It also didn’t help at first that Lili has to wear contact lenses to prevent her glasses from breaking, which she wasn’t used to and irritated her. Fortunately, she’s got used to the contact lenses and the googles Sarah got her after one of her contacts fell out after a nasty bump.
    So yeah, mess with Sarah and you’re getting your arse handed to you.

Also suffice to say, Danni isn’t exactly enthusiastic about her wife and her best friend beating the living hell out of each other, so she’s made them promise to keep the sparring to a minimum.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Yeesh. That does sound like something to be less than enthusiastic about . . . They’re looking great, though.

Kicktar
    Participant

My half of an art trade with JR. This was probably the most fun piece to make of my recent pieces.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Herr D- Indeed & cheers

@Kicktar- As I said a week ago on Deviantart, love it. Unfortunately I lost my half of the trade when my computer ate its self and I haven’t been able to recover it, so I’m gonna have to start again. Should get it done soon-ish though (hopefully).

JR19759
    Keymaster

Anyway, here’s my belated half to the art trade with Kicktar (you can obviously see Kicktars half above). So here’s my interpretations of Kicktar’s Raven and Addie Styles.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Art fart time. Because it rhymes.

Anyway, firstly, I did say I was going to borrow those costumes from DiCi didn’t I?

Next, I just wanted to see what Lili and Danni’s current designs would look like when paired up with their original costumes from 3 years ago.

And finally, swimsuits because it isn’t summer yet, what more reason don’t you not need?

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.