J3loodT4lon's Art Room

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery J3loodT4lon's Art Room

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

J3loodT4lon
    Participant

Aight so a fair warning to those that look over my work: I only started using this program last November 19th. I will post them in order that I created them, and will be posting more to this post as I go. Please feel free to leave constructive criticism for me along with any tips and tricks you think I could make use of. Thanks in advanced!

If you have the time, please take a moment or two to look over my World of Rothos thread.

Thraxus

Thraxus – Background

I only made the guy in the middle, the other two were pulled from the 'Companions' menu.

The Group

Alayna

Drakon – Tech Warrior

Drakon – Tech Warrior – Revamp

Khan

Kothar – The Demon of Rothos

Kelsandr – Duelist

Ignastus – The Flame Warden

Arcaniss – The Ley Walker

Tamali

Leon

Hexblade

Kathos

JR19759
    Keymaster

Nice start considering you only started last night. You’ve managed to get masking down, and you haven’t done any silly mistakes that some people who are just starting out sometimes make (forgetting ears for example). Everything looks neat and thought through, which is a plus. So yeah, good start.

Welcome to the forums. Please make sure to read the forum rules if you haven’t already and have fun posting. Feel free to ask questions if you find you need help with anything.

Maverik1313
    Participant

Nice work dude

J3loodT4lon
    Participant

Thank you guys 🙂

Working on another one too. Will post in about an hour or so when it is finished.

Herr D
    Participant

Good start indeed. I’d like to see Thraxus with a background. You’re probably ready to start highlighting and shading, too. Item: Background /Shapes, second to last circle gradient with colors 1 & 3 to 0%alpha, then go dark or light with color 2 and start applying it. Cantdraw did a tutorial on ‘shine’ somewhere in the ‘how tos’ or the ‘Tips & Trix’ sections.

Keep going!

Linea24
    Participant

Welcome to the forums, J3loodT4lon! You have a very nice start, especially for someone who has just started!

J3loodT4lon
    Participant

Updated original post with two more pictures: Khan, and Thraxus – Background.

You’re probably ready to start highlighting and shading, too. Item: Background /Shapes, second to last circle gradient with colors 1 & 3 to 0%alpha, then go dark or light with color 2 and start applying it. Cantdraw did a tutorial on ‘shine’ somewhere in the ‘how tos’ or the ‘Tips & Trix’ sections.

I read up on the first part of his tutorial earlier, but I didn’t see parts 2 and 3 yet. Am I just missing them?

Maverik1313
    Participant

Khan remands me of Plant of the apes and also star treck KHAAAAAAAAN!

J3loodT4lon
    Participant

Updated original post with a new picture: Hellfire

Viper
    Participant

Your pictures are really good. Drakon is my fav.

J3loodT4lon
    Participant

Your pictures are really good. Drakon is my fav.

Thank you Viper. 🙂

Just edited original post again with two more pictures: Kelsandr – Duelist, and Drakon- Teck Warrior – Revamp.

JR19759
    Keymaster

You don’t have to keep going back and adding new pictures to the same post you know. People usually do a post for each picture, or for each series of pictures if you have like a team or something.

hawk007
    Participant

Very cool and original stuff you have here! Very awesome considering you only started last night. A couple things I’d say, thought.

First of all, I think you could shade (as Herr D said). Just use the thing you used for the sword, and change the side and color of it. It’s kind of hard to explain how to do, though, so just go look around the forums to see works others have done.

One other thing, too. You may have wanted this, but I saw that the knees were blank on the guy on The Group. To do that, just put knee pads over it (unless you wanted it, of course).

Otherwise, the rest you’ll learn from experience (well, the knee thing you probably would have, too). Great job so far!

J3loodT4lon
    Participant

You don’t have to keep going back and adding new pictures to the same post you know. People usually do a post for each picture, or for each series of pictures if you have like a team or something

Yeah I know, but I find it annoying when I try to look through other peoples projects and I have to fish through 28 pages to find them all. I try to keep them all on the same page to make them all easier to find. I could always go back and rearrange them into whatever groups I may put them in.

Very cool and original stuff you have here! Very awesome considering you only started last night. A couple things I’d say, thought. First of all, I think you could shade (as Herr D said). Just use the thing you used for the sword, and change the side and color of it. It’s kind of hard to explain how to do, though, so just go look around the forums to see works others have done. One other thing, too. You may have wanted this, but I saw that the knees were blank on the guy on The Group. To do that, just put knee pads over it (unless you wanted it, of course). Otherwise, the rest you’ll learn from experience (well, the knee thing you probably would have, too). Great job so far!

The program is actually very easy to work with, time consuming but easy. But to be fair though, while I did intend to leave the character’s knees visible, it was only my second creation and I was more or less just messing around. In terms of shading.. I’m scared.

I have never really been good with shading, usually because I can’t figure out where I need to shade. I did read the first tutorial that one guy posted about shading, but as I said earlier I haven’t found parts 2 and 3 yet.

Oh and uh.. updated original post to include another picture: Ignastus

Edit: And yes, I intentionally left him without a mouth 🙂

J3loodT4lon
    Participant

Updated original post to include a new character: Arcaniss

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.