Introduce Yourself!

Home Forums The Pub Introduce Yourself!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 116 total)
  • Author

JDJ2508

I finally found this thread after a week of joining the forums. Although i have been using heromachine for a couple of months prior. Now a bit about the real me i am 14 years old and live in Australia (the cold end of it) and am wishing to gain a career in design of some sort love your work ( ive been reading the forums for ages but not joined ) talk to you guys soon

Hammerknight
    Participant

Welcome to the forums, good to see that you joined up and I’m looking forward to seeing your art.

JDJ2508

@Hammerknight: thx and i look forward to learning from all the other hero machinists ( im not lying or sucking up im just excited:laugh:

Hammerknight
    Participant

Feel free to ask for any help you need.

Rockwolf66
    Participant

@Hammerknight said:

Welcome Rockwolf66, I’m glad to see you are joining the forums. Don’t worry much about BB codes it is real easy to post. If you need help there are a lot of how-to post in the “Tip” section, or feel free to ask for any help you need.

So I don’t have to worry about turning the following into usable links?

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/Rockwolf66/library/Cyberpunk

or

http://rockwolf66.deviantart.com/gallery/45757464

interesting.

Hammerknight
    Participant

As long as you are not using the other links to sell stuff or to spam they are okay. I find it best to post the images directly to the forums, it makes it easier for other people to look at and they don’t have to look around to find the image that they wanted to see on another site. Myself, I don’t really care for the other places for posting, I find it much easier to just do it here.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

there is a button at the top of the window where to type your posts that says “img” clicking that button will open a small box where you post the URL to your picture and it will then insert it as an image into the post. As the head moderator I would perfer people simply upload there pictures here, but if they are not, then I want them to use the img tags either using the img button or typing the tags manually.

Angel of Chaos
    Participant

What’s up guys a few of u may now me I’m the Angel of Chaos, I’ve been on hero machine for maybe 10 months but I just created a account.Hero machine is like a big inspiration to me because it helps me to relieve school related stress. Looking at guys like JR , Anarcangel , Ams ,Hammer Knight ,Kaldath and so many others convinced me to officially join.So here I I’m the a 16 year old boy with a dream to become comic book artist. The perfector of destruction, the king of oblivion, the ANGEL OF CHAOS.

PS: When I called those names I was just naming a few.Cool

Hammerknight
    Participant

Welcome to the forums and I hope that your dreams can come true.

Deadman

Hi All, I’m new to the boards but have been using HM since the grand old days of version 1. I finally got around to setting up an account and putting up some of my creations (I have tons of them on my computer). I have never been one to get flashy with my creations, I find HM a quick way to create pics and counters for my characters. Not that my nickname is unique in any way but some of you may recognize it (and me) from the Hero System boards. I’ve been playing Champions, and other Hero genres since I was in Jr. High (and believe me, that was a LONG time ago). I wrote for Haymaker (a Hero System APA) for quite a while and even have some credits in some Hero System publications. Writing, art and what not are hobbies that I have carried over from childhood. I make my living as an IT manager for a wireless company. I am old enough to be the father of many of you but not so old that I care.

Having browsed through some of the Art Gallery sites I can tell you that I am WAY outta my league and will probably never be able to take my designs to the level of some of yours. It is great just to throw my stuff out there and see what you all think. I will be trying my hand at some of the contests as time allows but don’t expect to be winning anything. If you find yourself running around the boards and are inclined to do so, stop by Deadman’s Tomb and see what I have posted. If you do, please leave a comment, critique or just say hey. I really like the feedback.

I have a couple of questions that perhaps one of you can help me with.
    – How do I create an Avatar for the boards? How ’bout a quote/signature?
    – I know there is a ton of new content on HM, who is capable of drawing/uploading new content? (There are a bunch of things that I would love to see added. Some of which exists in Jeff’s other creators. Essentially, who do I really need to be nice to?)

Thanks all, I look forward to chatting with you.

Deadman

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Hello Deadman Welcome to the forums, let me try and answer your questions:

Too set up your Avatar and Signature, look near the top of the forum pages and you will see a button that says Profile. If you click that, you will be brought to your own profile page. on the left side of the page you will see buttons that say Edit Avatar and edit signature. Click those buttons to set up your avatar and sig. Note this site also supports Gravatar (Gravatar.com ) and you can go there and set up an avatar for the email address you used to register your account here and that avatar will be used on your posts here.

As to item request, Jeff takes requests from time to time on the blog, but the two main volunteer artist dblade and Mad Jack take requests here on the forums on the following Topic thread:

http://www.heromachine.com/forum/the-heromachine-art-gallery/dblades-whiz-bang-item-dispenser/

Hammerknight
    Participant

Welcome to the forums Deadman.

Deadman

Thanks Kaldath and Hammerknight,

It’s great to be here with so many talented Heromachiners. Though I am not worthy, I will endeavor to put out quality stuff. Neither of those buttons is available for me. Now I should mention that I am using Internet Exploder 11. Should I try it with Chrome?

~Edit: Bah! I found it. Thank you.

Deadman

Hammerknight
    Participant

I use Firefox.

collex

Hello everyone

My name is Collex, and I am a Heromachine user and lurker since HM3 began, back in the UGO days. In fact, I was midly active in the blog comment’s section once, a while ago.

Recently, I decided I was finally time for me to be part of the Heromachine community, and start posting my stuff and get better with the program. I can’t guarantee frequent postings, but I’ll try my best to be regular and post a new drawing every now and then.

I am going to make a gallery post soon, but I do have a question – I currently have two Heromachine characters that were from an old Star Wars RPG game. They are original characters but they are still unmistakably Star Wars – one is a Twi’lek and the other has a lightsaber. Is that considered copyrighted materials? I don’t want to post anything that could get me of Jeff in trouble, so I figured I’m better ask.

Anyway, see ya soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.