Herr D's CFLs

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Herr D's CFLs

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 639 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

Need a cardio-workout but have limited space? Want to jump rope but have tendonitis or metacarpal tunnel syndrome? For only thirty-nine credits, you can own your very own . . .
    Holo-Jump!

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2014hm/HerrD-HoloJump_zps8b599915.png

By resting your hands on the handlebars and using the mouthpiece to give voice commands, you can use the motion-detecting software and holographically-projected jumprope to get the cardio workout without EVEN the risk of tripping!

Herr D
    Participant

Who hasn’t fantasized about meeting a sexy jungle person?
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2014hm/HerrD-Swinger_zpsf22d42cb.png
    *poser

JR19759
    Keymaster

I looked at that picture and immediately smirked at the attention to detail you’ve included on her armpit. Most other people wouldn’t have done that, so not bad. Plus I like the background as well.

Herr D
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

I looked at that picture and immediately smirked at the attention to detail you’ve included on her armpit. Most other people wouldn’t have done that, so not bad. Plus I like the background as well.

Thanx! I almost scrubbed that whole pic to start again because something peculiar happened. I accidentally called a foot item before selecting ‘multiple.’ Suddenly almost every item layer transposed from top to bottom and bottom to top. I had to remake the customized parts and click the background pieces downwards and try to reestablish the order of layers, mostly by reversal.

The background was only complicated because of the vines. The armpit hair, believe it or not, was two pieces. A covering insignia and the squid body from monsters at a few percent. I consider myself informed about armpits because I lived for a while in the armpit of the south.

Herr D
    Participant

I just found my FNF round one–with secrecy gone, I can start posting these.

Neat thing about disco is that technically it counts as undead too! It has a cursed, resurgent existence, but frequently only with arcane equipment. People make the same face hearing it as they do smelling a grave. –and who can forget MJ’s Thriller? Undead DO move that way! So a golem made of crystal could automatically be an artificially animated disco ball, right? So here he is, in the infamous Saturday Night Fever pose, the Disco Golem!

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2014hm/DiscoGolem-RoundOne_zpsd36a826a.png

Btw, duplicating refractive effects is TOUGH.

Herr D
    Participant

My round two entry for the FNF:
    Ever get REALLY annoyed at your neighbors for loud noises or too-bright lights? Here for your viewing pleasure, I present “Shut Off That Stupid Light!”
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2014hm/ShutOffThatStupidLight-RoundTwo_zps1245aac2.png

Oh, and thanx to Mad Jack for getting us those tats. The base for that body is a tat. Took some doing.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

You come up with the best stuff!

Herr D
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

You come up with the best stuff!

Thanx! http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif Here’s hoping I’ll eliminate some more backlog and show more.

One of the things I don’t see covered often for werethings or combined species is what the poor things would have to do PHYSICALLY to make things taste right. Certain brand-new implements might become necessary, as I point out in this composition I call “Altitude Salad.”
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2014hm/AltitudeSalad-RoundThree_zps684129ba.png

Btw, I’m pretty sure this is the first salt shaker I’ve seen on hm?

*FNFr3

JR19759
    Keymaster

I assume that that weapon will soon be used in an a-salt?
    No idea how you made the head or neck, but it looks pretty awesome. You certainly make some of the most inventive and unusual creations on here, that’s for sure.

Herr D
    Participant

Thank you, and, yes! He’ll SALINATE those leaves. Then he’ll MASTICATE AND RUMINATE those leaves. Destruction to the deciduous by defoliating dentition! Definitely. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif
    I’m pretty sure I used a dinosaur head as the base head shape and a rifle handle as most of the neck?
    Some try to get where they want to go by stepping on others.
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2014hm/TheCityStomper-RoundFour_zpsb3eb8fc5.png“The City Stomper”
    It’s a very ugly thing. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif
    *FNF4

Herr D
    Participant

*FNFr5

Undead is a category that I’ve never had enthusiasm for. Hum- um . . . most people I’ve known are trouble enough while they’re alive. I mean really–imagine how much pollution a creature could cause being around for centuries? And the contagion angle? Colds are bad enough. I’m sorry if this bothers anyone, but my personal beliefs are that angels are sent here to work (bad commute,) and nothing else has the right to be here in the category of supernatural. At best demons would be gate-crashers and undeserved by everyone still here, even those malicious enough to invite them on purpose. That’s why I avoid commenting on pictures of demons or other pure-evil creatures and most supernaturals. They get enough press.

The draugrs do interest me as lore, however. Not as widely known, they strike me as somewhat of a potentially neutral, unpredictable oddity. (Perhaps more artists should focus on them?) Particularly my darkly romantic side is drawn to the idea depicted here.

photo SeaDraugrCastingANet-RoundFive_zpsc882a3fe.pngImagine being on a fishing boat, and you see by moonlight a fisherman repeatedly heaving a net and drawing it in. He’s not catching much, but he’s obviously very strong and capable. The clouds clear a bit, and you see that the fisherman has no head, and is floating in half a boat. Most of us have to go through too much of our lives without enough guidance or wisdom or knowing our own minds, trying to stay afloat despite never having everything that we think we need, trying to do our work or our best despite the fact that everything we are ever taught is at best incomplete and at worst absurdly wrong. This sea-draugr is a metaphor for all of us.

Herr D
    Participant

Six parsecs from the industrial center of the Hairbrush Nebula, there’s this star, ‘T34.’ It has a single gas giant with about fifty moons. On one of those moons, I forget the name, Universal Biologic did a bit on a dangerous species.
    I can’t remember the name of the mottled, soft-shelled aquatic creature. It’s got certain aspects of insect, lobster, lizard, and mammal. The really dangerous bit is the combination of aerating hypnosuggestibility pheromones, self-sacrificial behaviors, and poisonous innards. Yeah. The least healthy of them stay at the edges of their groups, smell good to eat, start and lose fights with potential predators. Fatigued by fighting and killing, the winner of the fight experiences a form of the ‘munchies’ and dies when they eat the loser. Tourists are encouraged to only go outside just after eating a buffet and only on the patrolled beaches. Shown here is one of them with a standard marker I tossed in the sand. I think they’re about 3.1cm to a side. Not my best shot, but the light was uneven and I had some oxygen narcosis. Always double-check your rebreather settings.
     photo Shelly_zps6b8a2967.png
    Come to think of it, they also use those tentacular eyelashes to help push food into the mouth. There’s some species of frog on Earth that uses their optic muscles to push food down the throat–so amphibian belongs in that list too, right?

RobM
    Participant

@Herr D said:

*FNFr5

Undead is a category that I’ve never had enthusiasm for. Hum- um . . . most people I’ve known are trouble enough while they’re alive. I mean really–imagine how much pollution a creature could cause being around for centuries? And the contagion angle? Colds are bad enough. I’m sorry if this bothers anyone, but my personal beliefs are that angels are sent here to work (bad commute,) and nothing else has the right to be here in the category of supernatural. At best demons would be gate-crashers and undeserved by everyone still here, even those malicious enough to invite them on purpose. That’s why I avoid commenting on pictures of demons or other pure-evil creatures and most supernaturals. They get enough press.

The draugrs do interest me as lore, however. Not as widely known, they strike me as somewhat of a potentially neutral, unpredictable oddity. (Perhaps more artists should focus on them?) Particularly my darkly romantic side is drawn to the idea depicted here.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2014hm/SeaDraugrCastingANet-RoundFive_zpsc882a3fe.pngImagine being on a fishing boat, and you see by moonlight a fisherman repeatedly heaving a net and drawing it in. He’s not catching much, but he’s obviously very strong and capable. The clouds clear a bit, and you see that the fisherman has no head, and is floating in half a boat. Most of us have to go through too much of our lives without enough guidance or wisdom or knowing our own minds, trying to stay afloat despite never having everything that we think we need, trying to do our work or our best despite the fact that everything we are ever taught is at best incomplete and at worst absurdly wrong. This sea-draugr is a metaphor for all of us.

Voted for this one on the blog. Evocative and creepy.

Herr D
    Participant

@RobM: Thanx! I could always use more votes. Smile The FNF poll has been educational. I think I don’t win more contests because my tastes differ from most. I would have at least slightly changed the order of every piece within the poll, and several of them I would have changed dramatically.

*OPMC
    Rumblat was ready to play the gig. Then they told him he’d be playing classical music.

photo Rumblat_zpsfe9b4bd8.png
    He NORMALLY specializes in funkedelic banjo. (Shown here wearing his blinged-out picker-glove.)

Herr D
    Participant

*BadS(blog)
    Some people have certain cells that replicate beyond usefulness to cause cancer. Brian’s body began overproducing adrenalin and mucous.
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2014hm/HerrD-Picker_zps84e0698e.png
    He can now, faster than the human eye can follow, PICK HIS NOSE AND NEVER RUN OUT OF SNOT. He is now codenamed ‘the Picker.’ (Shown here with two biohazard waste bins that should be incinerated daily.)

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 639 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.