HEROS, ALL

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery HEROS, ALL

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 333 total)
  • Author

Weilyn

Really cool! Sure wouldn’t like to be around those two, if there’s sibling rivalry afoot Wink

I have found that using transparancy when making fire works pretty well. Just a tip.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

HAHAHA! Never thought of a sibling rivalry angle. I study and practise up and try your tip on transparency. Thanks again, Weilyn!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Gaia, Earth Mother, Mother Nature, Oester, Ester. At one time or another she has been known by all of these names. She prefers to be called what she was called in her native Tanzania. That name is African Violet. Whether she is truly the personification of Earth and nature or an exceptional meta-human is not known. All that is known of her is that she has probably the greatest regenerative powers ever. She absorbs and can radiate sunlight and direct that energy at will, though it is very rare that she uses that power offensively. She has been said to level mountains with her bare hands; many in her native land tell the tale of how Mt. Kilimanjaro was once taller than Everest until, in a fit of rage over the death of her first and only child as he attempted to scale that peak, she shortened the mountain by battering the top. She has been observed transforming barren land into lush, verdant fields simply by walking across it. It has also been rumored that her regenerative powers are so great that she can resurrect the dead, something she neither confirms nor denies. Also, her regenerative powers are most likely responsible for her eternally youthful appearance. It is not known how old African Violet is, and of course, a lady never tells!AFRICAN-VIOLET.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

No real backstory for this character. I had the germ of an idea, but redoing her in HM3 when I should be practising some new material for my band split my concentration. A WWII era Army brat; dad a master mechanic in the Army Air Corp.; very patriotic, as most people were in those days; bright, headstrong and adventurous. Studied all of Dad’s materials so she’s a bit of a tinkerer. Invented her own wings. That’s about it. She’s not 100% how I saw her in my head: right off the bat, her arms are just too stiff, and the boots have a modern, punky fit to them, which while I like the look, it’s a bit out of place for a girl in the 1940’s. I wanted to do a flying character, as opposed to a character that’s placed in the air. And as an after thought, maybe she wouldn’t be holding a gun in mid-flight the way she is. Having said all that, here’s Fly Girl followed by the original 2.5 version.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/FLY-GIRL2.pngFLY-GIRL.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Former US Army Special Forces, NYPD detective, FBI and Secret Service agent, CIA operative, trained in counter-terrorism measures by all of the former agencies and Mossad. Mastered Northern and Southern Styles of Shao Lin kung fu and several secret styles in China as well as kendo and ninjitsu in Okinawa. Accomplished street fighter raised in the East New York section of Brooklyn, NY. After humiliating the city’s champion hero in a highly publicized street fight, which he would much rather forget, Rebecca Lee came under the notice of the Organization. The NGO (Non Governmental Organization), is the world wide agency responsible for policing all meta-human, mutant and extra-terrestrial activities. Known by the code name Miss X, she is one of the very few non super powered members, beside administrative staff, and the only member that many super humans, both hero and villain, have openly admitted they would not want to go up against. She has been offered enhancement treatments by the Organization but has refused, saying that due to her years of various training she’s enhanced enough. Besides her martial arts expertise, she is a highly skilled marksman with all forms of firearms. Her preferences are her twin customized 9mm handguns with specialized ammo for invulnerable types, her fast action riot shotgun, also with enhanced ammo and her samurai sword, which was gifted to her from her kendo master, after defeating him as her final test. She is the only student to have done so. These weapons are carried by her constantly. She has considered the enhancements, but is still secretly leery of the Organization’s true intentions. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/MISS-X.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Here’s the HM3 version of Amy Atom,a character I first did on 2.5. Hope i got the proportions right!AMY-ATOM-GET-SOME.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

From a low frequency rumble like thunder with a push-back force to concrete shattering sonic booms to brain-melting, high pitch wails, Screamer can do it all! She has even exhibited limited levitation and short-range flight by directing her voice downward and, by utilizing basic physics, riding the opposite reaction. This is of course, limited by how long she sustains her screams. She also has enhanced hearing and has been know to eavesdrop on whispered conversations up to half a mile away. Somehow, her hearing is not effected by her screams, and while she admits she has no idea why, she is not interested in finding out how this works. She is however, very interested in improving her levitation/limited flight and has been studying deep breathing exercises to increase her lung capacity for more sustained screams. She trains her voice vigorously to improve her accuracy because she is constantly afraid of hitting innocent victims with her sonic screams. Screamer and Screamer in closeup with mask.SCREAMER.pngSCREAMER2.png

Weilyn

Awesome face! Works great with the aura.

prswirve
    Participant

@Weilyn said:

Awesome face! Works great with the aura.

i agree…

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks guys. I’m kind of on the fence about Screamer. The costume seemed like a cool idea as I was doing it, (remember, I make everything up as I go along), but after I finished and looked at it, I had to admit it’s really butt ugly, lol! Maybe different colors will help it. Also, I should do a closeup without the mask because it’s not that clear that her eyes are closed. Anyway, here’s my latest effort, an HM3 remake of Moonstar, a 2.5 character I did. you can see the 2.5 version in the My new Creations thread. These are also my first wide-screen shots. I’m learning! MOONSTAR-CLOSEUP.pngMOONSTAR-HM3.pngMOONSTAR-HM3.1.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Like I said, that costume for Screamer came out butt-ugly! Here is Blue Screamer and a closeup without the mask.BLUE-SCREAMER.pngBLUE-SCREAMER-CLOSEUP.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

“DAMN, SHE’S STRONG!” As he sat recovering, Starchild thought to himself, “No one’s EVER managed to knock me out, let alone give me a shiner, and this woman has done BOTH in less than 5 minutes! And that damn robot of her’s is no Tinker Toy, either! If she wasn’t a villain, I’d be in love!” But she is a villain, and a rather powerful one, as Starchild painfully came to realize. No time for such thoughts. “I may down bitch, BUT I’M NEVER OUT! I. AM. STARCHILD!!!!!” STARCHILD.pngSTARCHILD-CLOSEUP.pngDOWN-NOT-OUT.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Just noticed that while toying with the wide shot, I forgot to stretch the cityscape in the first Starchild scene. Have to pay more attention to little details like that!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

After the fact, I thought about a few things regarding Starchild. So, with those things in mind, here’s an origin story….. Ken Johnson’s parents thought they were the most blessed parents in the world. Ater 10 years of marriage and several unsuccessful attempts, they were finally going to have a baby! And on the way to the hospital, as Karen’s contractions increased, Dan noticed a meteor shower. “Look at that, honey! Falling stars to announce the coming birth of our child!” Who would have thought that one of those falling stars would land just ahead of Dan’s car, knocking them off the road. A following motorist was able to stop in time before crashing into them and making things worse. “Oh, God! Please, don’t worry about me; just get my wife to the hospital. She’s about to have a baby.” The stars truly did fall right into place that night. The motorist was able to get Dan and Karen to the hospital, where she gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby boy. Healthy in all respects, except for the strange yellow glow of his eyes. Unknown to either of them, as well as to the scientists who eventually recovered the small meteorite to be sent to the Hayden Planetarium in New York City, it emitted an unknown and undetectable radiation.The amount was harmless to Dan and his wife and any other person who came into contact with the meteorite, but such was not the case to the unborn child who would be Ken Johnson. Maybe harmless is not the right word, as Ken suffered no negative effects. And for what ever reason, no one associated the meteorite with Ken’s glowing eyes. After the initial shock of seeing Ken’s eyes wore off, most people just took it in stride. “Look at our son, Karen. Our little star child.” The pet name stuck through Ken’s youth. Ken was never an exceptional child; he was actually quite average in every way, with two very interesting exceptions. Ken had incredibly sharp vision and he never got sick. In fact, nothing very unusual about him was ever noticed until on his 16th birthday, his father took him to the Planetarium to see the “falling star that announced his birth.” Whatever that radiation did to the unborn child, it kicked into overdrive as Ken approached the meteorite display. But because it all took place on the molecular level, there was nothing to notice, outwardly. But somehow, everything came to Ken in an instant. He could literally see and feel his molecular structure becoming denser. He started growing at an alarming rate and took to working out vigorously as to provide a reason for his sudden buffness. He hid this from his parents as long as he could, until a few years later, one day while watching the news, Dan and Karen Johnson had their minds blown!http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/STARCHILD-FLIGHT.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

After seeing someone’s characters, the Booster Babes, (I have to search through the Art Gallery to find the artist so I can give them the proper respect and credit for inspiring me), I decided to take another stab at Fly Girl. A WWII Army brat, I sort of aged her and put her in a futuristic setting. Here is a view of her with the jetpack off. I’m gonna try a flying pose again later and with what I’ve been learning, hopefully I can make it more believable.FLYGIRL-REDUX.pngFLYGIRL-REDO-CLSE.png

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.