G. W.'s New Superverse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery G. W.'s New Superverse

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 111 total)
  • Author

G. W.
    Participant

Mitosis Man: Due to a lab accident, Franklin Jones now has the ability to split himself into two men, identical to each other and to the original in every way, and those can also separate (they are often used as expendable foot soldiers. Also, the original Mitosis Man hasn’t technically existed since the first time he used his powers. There is, however, one who serves as the leader of the Mitosis Men clones until his death. Different ranks wear different uniforms. Gold is command, blue is officers, red is foot soldiers, and grey serve various non-combat functions.

In the future, those who are not killed will work as the staff aboard the space station which serves as the headquarters of the Intergalactic Alliance of Superheroes, an organization originally created by the Warrior (as the Alliance of Superheroes) to train and coordinate superheroes  (there are many who operate independently for one reason or another). They also help superheroes who are low on funds. At the moment, the Alliance has yet to build their space station, and is  still headed by the Warrior.

Note: I realize that, given that his name is Mitosis Man, the number in the picture should be an exponent of two. I simply wasn’t thinking at the time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anarchangel
    Participant

I like the idea of Mitosis man being his own army with ranks and everything. I have a character (Replay) with the same power and he was a spec-ops team for the government.

Also, maybe the fourth guy is taking the photo?

G. W.
    Participant

It’s been a while since I last posted, and it’s going to be a while before the next time I post. It’s not that I’m apathetic, I do care. There’s a few problems I’ve been having with this.

The first, obviously, is time. I’ve been quite busy, and I’ll continue to be busy for a very, very long time. This isn’t the biggest problem, since I have made several of these characters while busy (heck, I made the Protector in a few hours at a hotel while I was there for a competition.)

The second is writer’s block. I haven’t been having as many ideas, and I’ve also been forgetting many of the ideas I’ve had in the past.

The third is that I don’t have nearly enough villains, and, as mentioned previously, I am having a hard time coming up with concepts.

Fourth and finally is, quite simply, continuity. I have no clue what order the events I have described happened in, or what occurred in the gaps. The last two are the big ones, and the next time I post will probably be in an attempt to remedy one of them.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Whenever I’m stumped for a character concept, I check out various databases of established characters from Marvel or DC. I also google power databases to find some unique ideas. Obviously you have to make it your own, but it sometimes helps to break down the creative dam and get the juices flowing again.

G. W.
    Participant

I know this is fairly similar to my last post, but, once again, I haven’t given up. Well, not exactly.

I’m rebooting my universe again. I’m redesigning all of my characters. There are two key reasons for this. First, most of my characters are stored on a computer that I don’t currently have a working charger for. Second, I lost track of continuity, something I will keep better track of in the reboot.

G. W.
    Participant

Finally posting the new ones.

The Warrior is shrouded in mystery. He was a founding member of the original All-Stars, became immortal by drinking from the waters of an enchanted islands, and was a member of every incarnation of the team until the ’90s (more on the full team history later). Now runs a secret, international organization devoted to finding and offering assistance to individuals with super-human abilities, as well as to help superheroes better coordinate their activities and provide them with better tech. He helped the Electric Eel recruit the founding members of the current team. No more is known about him, except that he’s most likely 80-90 years old.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

I’ve been really busy. I’ve had all seven done for some time now, but haven’t had time to post them.

Captain Blaze: Aiden Ignatius was an ordinary college student. One day, he was involved in an accident at the lab where his uncle, a chemist worked. This accident gave him fire related powers, as well as flight. He makes the most quips out of the team, and is a little reckless.

I added the mask because I realized that, being a college student, he needs to conceal his identity, even if I vastly prefer the mask-less design.

I know that the flames probably make a little mild shading a good idea, but I chose to forgo shading in order to better show off the bright colors of the costume.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Snowstorm: I don’t have a civilian name for her yet (any suggestions), but I do have a  backstory for her. She was also a college student (Captain Blaze’s best friend, in fact). She got her powers when, during a winter break, she visited her grandparents and, while outside, was fairly close to the crash site of an alien spaceship and was knocked out. When she regained consciousness, she had ice and snow related powers.

The boots of her costume have retractable ice-skate blades (not pictured). While she already had a mask, I realized that it was a pretty crappy one that wasn’t really hiding much, and thus went with face-wear designed to somewhat evoke ski/snowboard gear.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Cerebrum (no civilian name yet): Cerebrum is a bit of an unusual case, in that he is one of the only humans to have been born with powers. At some point, he ended up at the Warrior’s training facility for super-powered individuals, and learned to control his powers, hence how he got recruited.

Cerebrum has the powers of telekinesis, telepathy, and levitation, as well as a super intellect and a perfect memory.

Admittedly, I’m still not satisfied with this costume.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Charles Canis (Wolf):

Basically the same thing as every other Charles Canis backstory I’ve written. Canis fought in World War II. On the way back, his ship crashed on a tiny island. The survivors found a mysterious spring, which, as Canis would later learn, grants immortality, as well as enhanced strength, speed, and endurance. One by one, all of the other survivors died, falling off of cliffs, drowning, burning, or being devoured by the wolves. By the mid ’60s, Canis was the only one left alive. Somehow, he managed to survive on his own until the late 2010s, at which point he was discovered by a “small fishing boat” (actually sent by the Warrior, who had heard rumors of mysterious occurrences on the island, and who had long before discovered strange things on nearby islands). Just before boarding the boat, Canis got bit in the leg by a wolf. The bite knocked him out for the duration of the trip, but, upon arrival in Maine, he transformed into a wolflike creature. He was quickly knocked out again, and, when he awoke, he was fully human with the Warrior standing over him.

Canis has the ability to transform into his wolf-like state at will (though there are different levels of transformation), although it can also be affected by strong emotion. If he is in a particularly uncontrollable state of emotion for too long, he could become permanently stuck as a wolf (a complete wolf, with no human attributes). He is also immortal, and has above-average strength, stamina, and durability.

I am far more satisfied with my new versions of both Canis (I especially think he looks better with a beard) and the Wolf (the slightly more humanoid features and bizarre eyes of previous versions were just disturbing) than previous incarnations, although the Wolf could still use a little work. Any suggestions for how to fix him?

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Crap! I just made an entire long, detailed post about Eagle and Chameleon, and it’s gone! Okay, fine! I’ll write up a new one later.

Anyway, Chameleon can climb up walls and alter her colors and patterns, as well as the size and shape of her hair. Eagle has wings, talons, speed, strength, and enhanced senses (especially sight. To enhance it further, he wears contacts with a zoom feature.)

I experimented with lighting for Eagle. Any thoughts? I also updated Chameleons look to be all black, with no logo.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Finally, rounding out the founding members of the (modern) All-Stars is the Electric Eel, the team’s field leader. Given that he’s the leader, as well as the one who contacted the Warrior to form the team in the first place, I probably should have had him first, but I wanted to save him for last because he’s my favorite piece.

The Electric-Eel is the son of the current Poseidon (yeah, I’ll explain the Olympians in a future post. For now, all you need to know is that the Gods are families, not individuals), and the Prince of Atlantis. His uncle, calling himself Neptune, aligned himself with Zeus’s traitorous brother Jupiter and his group of Olympians who claim themselves to hold the true power and model themselves after the Roman pantheon and tried to take over Atlantis. Neptune’s forces launched a siege on Poseidon’s castle, and the Electric Eel, using an enchanted cloak made with squid ink that can turn its wearer invisible, managed to escape the siege and contact his father’s ally the warrior, who helped him raise a team, and thus the All-Stars were born.

I am extremely satisfied with how this piece turned out (except for the legs).

The Electric Eel has the enhanced strength, speed, stamina, endurance, and lifespan that come with being an Olympian, the significantly enhanced swimming skill and underwater breathing that come with being an Atlantean, and electric powers (that somehow manage to work underwater without killing a bunch of fish.)

Attachments:

LordCaptainMegavolt
    Participant

Great stuff! Enjoying your excellent backstories as much as your equally cool pictures.

G. W.
    Participant

Thanks! Your work is excellent! I’d argue that even the weakest one you’ve made so far is better than my best. I just don’t really have the patience.

Herr D
    Participant

The second is writer’s block. I haven’t been having as many ideas, and I’ve also been forgetting many of the ideas I’ve had in the past.

The third is that I don’t have nearly enough villains, and, as mentioned previously, I am having a hard time coming up with concepts.

Writer’s block is a vacation for me. My backlog is more of a backforest. With less ideas and villains, you should probably try heroes dealing with natural catastrophes. Hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, fires, and famines. Many characters are interesting doing what their superpower is unnecessary for.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.