G. W.'s New Superverse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery G. W.'s New Superverse

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)
  • Author

G. W.
    Participant

And rounding out the original six All-Stars is the Star: James Solus was an ordinary man, until, one day, a meteorite crashed into him. He was presumed dead, until he emerged from the wreckage a few hours, dazed, but with not even a scratch on him. After that, he could fly, and had super strength, super speed, and super endurance. When the All-Stars found the fountain of youth in the sixties, only he and Father Time didn’t drink (Father Time didn’t drink because he knew that simply traveling through time meant he could show up at any time in the future anyway (though he later drank from the fountain when he was in his seventies) and the Star didn’t drink because he believed the fountain to be going against the natural way of life). He fought crime until the mid-nineties, when he decided to retire in Florida. He died in 2016 at the age of 94 due to old age.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Herr D
    Participant

Origin stories’re obviously coming along nicely. That would be a tough pose, hanging off a helicopter, wouldn’t it?

G. W.
    Participant

Thanks. As for the posing/background thing, a) I am more of a casual user of this platform than anything else and b) I didn’t really give any formal backgrounds to my gold/silver age All-Stars because I was trying to go for a more classic feel to the whole thing.

G. W.
    Participant

Sorry I haven’t updated in a while. I’ve been busy/lazy (depending on the moment) Anyway, two things:

1. Mild update on the Star. The color scheme on his shirt was off.

2. Chronos: In the nineties, Father Time was starting to show an increasing dark side, odd given that he was always one of the most morally upstanding heroes, if a bit mysterious. As such, he agreed to have the government create a clone that would take his evil elements, with neutral elements split evenly. The clone was immediately locked up, but escaped when an attack from another supervillain caused the facility where he was being held to have major issues.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

The Eagle had no reason to create a civilian identity, as he can’t change. However, he did choose to adopt a normal name (Manuel Equilla) in order to make more formal public appearances, and because he thought it odd being referred to as Eagle all the time.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

I’m probably gonna be inactive for a while longer. It’s partially laziness, partially that I’m busy, and partially that, despite having a ton of character ideas, I’m not sure what the proper order to create them is so that I don’t make things too weird, confusing, or contradictory. For instance, some characters can’t exist until I’ve created certain others.

G. W.
    Participant

I ironically ended up making a new character (or at least a highly edited old character) on the same day that I said was going to be inactive for a while.

This is the Magician, Phillip Magus.

Magus was an famous stage magician. From an early age, he showed himself to be a mean, cruel person, but extremely intelligent and highly skilled at creating artificial illusions. Then, one day, Magus was going home after a performance when an old man came up to him and congratulated him. He then snapped his fingers, and transported both himself and Magus to what seemed an empty void.

“we are not truly here, mister Magus,” said the man. “We are there. This place exists not, outside of our minds. It is but a complex illusion.” The man underwent a transformation, revealing himself to be the devil. “I am, if you have not noticed, the devil, though you may know me by one of thousands of other names. At any rate, I will give you powers to create these intense illusions, allowing people to see virtually anything, as well as the abilities to transport yourself anywhere on Earth you can think of, and to enter the mind of any human being, learning their fears, their desires, everything. You will essentially be able to manipulate almost anyone on Earth to your will. All you have to do is give me your soul.”

Barely thinking about it, Magus agreed to the offer, giving the devil his soul in exchange for the powers the devil had mentioned. Now, Magus, calling himself the Magician, uses his abilities as he pleases, mostly to gain power, money, or influence, as well as because he finds it extremely amusing. He is one of the most dangerous human villains in my universe, as only a select few humans can naturally withstand his power, though anyone can withstand him with certain exceedingly hard-to-make devices, or through training so intense that only two people in my universe (whom I haven’t even created yet) can resist him without powers or devices (the only characters I have created so far who can naturally withstand the Magician are Cerebrum, due to his advanced mental abilities and the Electric Eel, due to not being a human.)

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Here is Rubber. He is extremely flexible, bouncy, malleable, and, all around, he sort of has powers similar to Mister Fantastic, though Rubber isn’t as skilled at molding parts of himself into various specific shapes as Mister Fantastic. Beyond the code name, the look, and the powers, I’ve got nothing. Anyone got any suggestions for a secret identity, backstory, or personality? On that note, anyone got a better superhero name than “Rubber?”

Why is it that half of my characters have really well thought out backstories, motivations, and personalities and the other half have pretty much nothing?

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

The Minotaur: Like Eagle and Chameleon, the Minotaur was one of very few experiments in the first series of the Rebew Corporation’s top secret program “Project P” (a series of experiments in creating super-humans through a combination of genetic modification, serums and other methods) to survive. At a fairly young age, he and five other experiments called the Eagle, the Chameleon, the Mongoose, the Dragon, and Fireball escaped. A fifth, called the Monkey, helped them escape, but was killed by the guards in the process. The six escapees parted ways shortly after. Dragon flew off to be on his own. Mongoose was accidentally cut off from the rest. Finally, the Minotaur and Fireball grew bitter with society after an encounter with some ordinary humans did not end well for anyone involved. While Chameleon and Eagle pressed onward, hoping to find someone willing to help them, Fireball and Minotaur began walking in the opposite direction, trying to avoid human contact and eventually settling in a cave in the mountains. Occasionally, Fireball went down to a human town looking for supplies to buy, borrow or steal (Fireball looks like an ordinary human). Mostly, however, they kept to themselves, living off of what they could find. Then, one harsh Winter day, while in a human town, Fireball took pity on some children in the streets. He reasoned that the children were just children, and thus were innocent. He piled some sticks in a fashion appropriate for a fire, and, using his powers, lit them. However, someone saw him doing this, and, misinterpreting his intentions, the town rallied against him, chasing him into the mountains. The Minotaur saw the people chasing him, but it was too late. Out of self defense, Fireball had begun using his powers against the people, trying to miss them and thus scare them away, and, when that failed, began aiming to kill them. This prompted one man to take a gun and shoot fireball in the chest twice, and the Minotaur’s only friend dropped to the ground, dead. Now, the Minotaur is angry, occasionally rushing down the mountains to raid human towns, and to kill the people whom he felt had wronged him. His only human contact is a young man who occasionally brings him supplies he cannot obtain either in the mountains or in most towns. His ultimate goal, however, is specifically to bring down the Rebew Corporation.

The Minotaur has the powers of enhanced speed, greatly enhanced stamina and endurance, super strength, and, of course, his horns.

Note: I fiddled with the helmet a bit, since I wanted him to wear a helmet (mostly because I wasn’t able to find a face that would work for him, particularly in terms of eyes), but wasn’t able to find something that didn’t make him look ridiculous, and this was the closest I could get to not looking ridiculous. Also, I am aware that traditional minotaurs have a full bull’s head, I just don’t understand why someone would specifically design a superhuman to have the full head of a bull. Finally, I actually had this idea long before this week’s CDC, and just decided to go through with it now.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Ret-con: the escaped experiments were fifteen at the time of their escape.

I will eventually come up with a new, less ridiculous-looking version of the minotaur.

In the meantime, here is Fireball

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

I modified the Minotaur.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Oops. Made a mistake. Forgot to re-add the masking effect to the bull’s head.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

In my fictional universe, the Greek pantheon exists, but not in the way you’d expect. First off, rather than being a select group of individuals, they are an entire species, known as Olympians. Second, most of the Olympians are not immortal. In fact, their life spans are only about  a few hundred years or so. Instead, eleven of the twelve gods who met and/or lived on Mount Olympus (as well as Hades. Pass on their identities to their oldest fully-Olympian child when they die. Even Olympians (or those with a significant amount of Olympian blood) who are not set to take the identity of Zeus, Hera, Hephestaus, Aphrodite, Hermes, Apollo, Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Poseidon, Hades, or Dionysus have powers, often specific aspects of the domains of one of the gods listed previously or Ares (though not necessarily. The Electric Eel is the son of Poseidon.)

Ares, however, is different. He is immortal. For a few generations, Ares was an identity, passed on like the others. However, eventually, a particular incarnation of Ares stumbled upon the same stream that has given a few of my other characters immortality (the Isle of the Wolves, on which the stream is located, was actually created by an unknown Olympian thousands of years ago). He drank from it, and has been Ares for a very long time. Unlike his predecessors (closer to the Ares of mythology), this Ares is more or less a force of nature. He is pretty much pure rage, pure chaos, pure bloodlust, and pure destruction. He is not exactly evil, he simply must quench his thirst for blood, chaos, and destruction. Also included is an image of the front of his shield.

I’m satisfied with how the costume turned out, as well as most other aspects. My only issue is the face. I don’t really think his expression turned out that well. If nothing else, at least I didn’t go completely overkill like with the original Ares.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

The current incarnation of Poseidon. King of Atlantis and father of the Electric Eel. He has power over all water, and can communicate with sea creatures. His trident also allows him to create earthquakes, tidal waves, mountains, and islands.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

New character names:

Ember is now Captain Blaze

Iceberg is now Snowstorm

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.