Geek Quiz

Home Forums The Pub Geek Quiz

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 113 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

@headlessgeneral said:

Can pass up a chance to extend my steak. And I think things are looking good that it will continue. I got 1,7,11, and all of 12 for a grand total of FOUR.

Well technically you are at a bit of a disadvantage, what with not having a head and all.

@WMDBASSPLAYER- Which quiz did you do, because the stuff that Kaldath put in the spoiler pertains to the first quiz which closed two weeks ago. If the score you’ve given is for the third quiz (i.e. the one at the bottom of page 2) then I can add you to the score board for this weeks quiz, but if not I can’t.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 17, 18b (.25) = 7.25

#3… Did they change the victim’s name in the movie? His name was Dr. Alfred Lanning in the original story. I have never seen the 2004 movie.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@The Atomic Punk said:

2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 17, 18b (.25) = 7.25

#3… Did they change the victim’s name in the movie? His name was Dr. Alfred Lanning in the original story. I have never seen the 2004 movie.

In regard to the stuff in the spoiler, his name was the same in the book and the movie I believe. So that’s another point for you.

Myro
    Participant

I was having a bad week, so I wanted to put off the geek quiz for a day that I could get a decent amount of rest.

Got 1,2,6,7,8,10,12 (all 4),15, and 20. I only got 3 for 14 (missed the last one) and 4 of the five ranks on 16 (again, missed the last one).

So, 9.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Myro- I assume you didn’t get 20 spot on, otherwise you’d have got a bonus point.

Myro
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

@Myro- I assume you didn’t get 20 spot on, otherwise you’d have got a bonus point.

No, no. I was on the low end of the scale, not the exact number.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Myro said:

@JR19759 said:

No, no. I was on the low end of the scale, not the exact number.

Oh well, you’re still winning (until Trekkie comes in and wins as usualWink)

Trekkie
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

Oh well, you’re still winning (until Trekkie comes in and wins as usualhttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif)

I might take that as a challenge Wink In any case, I’ll leave it until tomorrow, when it’s not so late.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Current Geek Quiz 3 Leader Board

1. Myro- 9
    2. Atomic Punk- 8 1/4
    3. Vampyrist- 7
    4. Kaldath- 6
    5. headlessgeneral- 4

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok, this weeks quiz is closed, and we have new winner- Myro.

As I’m a bit late with this (tbh I forgot about it), I’ll post the next quiz now as well. This is going to be the last quiz I’m going to be running, but if anyone else wants to take over, feel free. This quiz will end next Friday.

Geek Quiz 4: Identity Quiz on Infinite Earths

(For a point name the secret identity taken by these people. In the case of people who were originally sidekicks, name the secret identity used when they graduated to full superhero status)

1. John Jones
    2. Robert Banner
    3. Oliver Queen
    4. Diana Prince
    5. Galan
    6. Kyle Rayner
    7. Scott Lang
    8. Carol Danvers
    9. Jason Todd
    10. James Barnes
    11. James Howlet
    12. Bart Allen
    13. T’Challa
    14. Victor Stone
    15. Laura Kinney
    16. Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot
    17. Mary MacPherran
    18. Dan Dreiberg
    19. Norrin Radd
    20. Max Eisenhardt

Answers

1. Martian Manhunter
    2. Hulk
    3. Green Arrow
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. Galactus
    6. Green Lantern
    7. Ant-Man
    8. Ms. Marvel
    9. Red Hood
    10. Winter Soldier
    11. Wolverine
    12. Impulse
    13. Black Panther
    14. Cyborg
    15. X-23
    16. The Penguin
    17. Titania
    18. Nite Owl
    19. Silver Surfer
    20. Magneto

Vampyrist
    Participant

I got 17, I missed 5, 15, and 17.

Herr D
    Participant

Interesting that on q3 I got 3, 7, 14, and 18 correct. 7 I got right because of former project work. I blew the only Star Wars question I had a chance at because I remembered destination instead of embarkation. So, technically my quiz scores for SW, ST, & DW measure the reverse order of my enjoyment of the shows, while I did just as well based on my own knowledge of obsolete media techniques . . . so I test inaccurately, I didn’t have as much money as know-how, and I’m old . . . yeesh.

q4: 2, 4, 16, and narrowly missed recognizing 20. 16 was just too memorable a name.

Myro
    Participant

Whoo! Although, I suspect an asterisk put beside my name for that last win, as Trekkie didn’t compete.

As for the new quiz, I tip my hat to you Vampyrist. I only got 16. Missed 5, 7, 15, and 17.

Finally, I can’t promise anything, including that if I do something that it will be 20 questions (I will try for at least 10), but I could try to put out a new Geek Quiz next week.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Myro said:

Whoo! Although, I suspect an asterisk put beside my name for that last win, as Trekkie didn’t compete.

As for the new quiz, I tip my hat to you Vampyrist. I only got 16. Missed 5, 7, 15, and 17.

Finally, I can’t promise anything, including that if I do something that it will be 20 questions (I will try for at least 10), but I could try to put out a new Geek Quiz next week.

Cool, it doesn’t matter if you don’t have 20 questions, you don’t even have to do it on a load of different subjects, it can be on just one subject, just as long as it can be classified as geeky.

Trekkie
    Participant

I got 17 as well. I missed 5, 17 and 20 (I think I’m starting to see a pattern here).

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.