Geek Quiz

Home Forums The Pub Geek Quiz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Here’s a challenge for you. Twenty questions of varying difficulty covering DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek and Doctor Who. See how many correct answers you can get WITHOUT CHEATING. I’ll put the answers in a spoiler below the questions. One point for a correct answer, who-ever gets the highest score wins the internet for the week. Post your scores below.
    If there’s a good turn out, I’ll put up another one next week.

1: What year was Star Trek first broadcast?

2: Whose sidekick is called Speedy?

3: Name the Time Lords home planet in Doctor Who.

4: Who was the cover star of Timely (now Marvel) Comics first comic?

5: On what planet was Han Solo frozen in Carbonite in ‘Empire Strikes Back’?

6: Name the 3 actors who have played The Joker in a Batman live action movie.

7: Why, allegedly, was ‘beaming’ invented in Star Trek?

8: Who was the fifth man to play The Doctor?

9: Name John Favreau’s character in the Iron Man films.

10: In 1976, Superman first met Spider-Man. In what year did they next meet?

11: In the same year as the 2nd Superman/ Spider-man crossover, which of Marvels superstar Superheroes did Batman meet?

12: In which film does Stan Lee cameo as one of his own creations?

13: Name the 5 men who have played Darth Vader/ Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars films. Not including voice actors in the Clone Wars series. (I’ll be very impressed if anyone gets all of these)

14: What position did Spock originally hold in his first appearance in Star Trek?

15: Which of these was not a genuine crossover sanctioned by DC comics
    A) Superman vs. Muhammed Ali
    B) The Uncanny X-Men and The New Teen Titans
    C) Jonah Hex and Spawn
    D) Superman and Bugs Bunny

16: In what DC comic did Darkseid first appear?

17: Who was the main villain in The Amazing Spider-Man Issue 1in 1963?

18: How many men have played The Doctor in the TV series?

19: Who teamed up in the last issue of the first run of The Brave And The Bold comic in 1983?

20: What links The Hitch-hikers Guide To The Galaxy to Marvel Comics Civil War crossover event and an episode of Doctor Who with a sentient sun as its main villain?
    (I’ll be even more impressed if anyone gets this)

1: 1966
    2: Green Arrow
    3: Gallifrey
    4: The Human Torch
    5: Bespin
    6: Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger
    7: Cost, it cost less to beam them onto the planet than do model shots of the ship landing.
    8: Peter Davidson
    9: Harold ‘Happy’ Hogan
    10: 1981
    11: The Incredible Hulk
    12: Fantastic Four (he plays Willie Lumpkin the FF’s postman)
    13: David Prowse, James Earl-Jones, Sebastian Shaw, Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen
    14: Science Officer
    15: C
    16: Superman’s Pal, Jimmy Olsen (Issue 134, 1970)
    17: The Chameleon
    18: 12 (Richard Hurndell played the First Doctor in the episode ‘The Five Doctors’ as William Hartnell had died 8 years previously)
    19: Batman (Earth-1) and Batman (Golden Age/ Earth-2)
    20: The number 42
    Hitch-hikers- The meaning of life
    Civil War- The Negative Zone prison
    Doctor Who- The title of the episode, named after the length of the episodes story.

I got two. Lol. I’m a horrible geek… Oops. Miscounted, I got three. Much better.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

I got 5

Questions: 2, 3, 6, 14, & 18 ( on 18 I knew thee correct number of actors who have played the doctor on tv but I am glad the question wasn’t to name all the actors )

Trekkie
    Participant

I got 11/20 – and I managed to get 13 and 20 right!
    …I pick up a lot of useless trivia. The ones I got wrong were about comic book history, which just goes to show that I’ve got a lot of reading to do.

JR19759
    Keymaster

HLG- Don’t worry, I’m sure you won’t get the worst score

Kaldath- Please refrain from giving away answers. Could you edit your post to remove the answer you’ve accidentally put. I don’t want anyone seeing them before having a go themselves.

Trekkie- I would have guessed a fellow Brit would get 20 right, but HOW did you get 13 right. I knew there were 5 but I had to look up the fifth for the question.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@JR19759 said:

Kaldath- Please refrain from giving away answers. Could you edit your post to remove the answer you’ve accidentally put. I don’t want anyone seeing them before having a go themselves.

Sorry about that, it has been edited

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Kaldath said:

@JR19759 said:

Sorry about that, it has been edited

Thanks

Trekkie
    Participant

@JR19759 said:
    Trekkie- I would have guessed a fellow Brit would get 20 right, but HOW did you get 13 right. I knew there were 5 but I had to look up the fifth for the question.

I absorb a lot of useless trivia from the internet Laugh. And I also met one of them when he came to my old town to give a talk on all the film work he’d done.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Trekkie said:

And I also met one of them when he came to my old town to give a talk on all the film work he’d done.

Do you live in the West Country by any chance? In the Bristol area?

Trekkie
    Participant

Nope. No, I think he was doing a tour of the country giving these talks. I’m just surprised he came to my small town in the middle of nowhere in Wales!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Yep, 3 of 20…

I’m sending a POF on one of the questions.

Vampyrist
    Participant

I got 8 (2,3,7,8,9,14,18,20). I also knew 6 and 12, but they slipped my mind when answering and I only realized I knew them in hindsight.
    Though technically 13 is wrong. Bob Andersen also played Vader for some of the fight scenes, including when Luke’s hand got chopped off. While he was a stunt double, I believe the fact he was the man behind the light saber deserves notice.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Vampyrist said:

I got 8 (2,3,7,8,9,14,18,20). I also knew 6 and 12, but they slipped my mind when answering and I only realized I knew them in hindsight.
    Though technically 13 is wrong. Bob Andersen also played Vader for some of the fight scenes, including when Luke’s hand got chopped off. While he was a stunt double, I believe the fact he was the man behind the light saber deserves notice.

Well done for getting Q20.
    In regard to the spoiler, I was aware of that, but I was going by those credited as a member of the cast, which he technically wasn’t.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Fair enough, and Hitchhiker’s is an awesome book and radio series.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Vampyrist said:

Fair enough, and Hitchhiker’s is an awesome book and radio series.

I prefer the BBC TV series. TV from that era, especially on the BBC, was brilliant.
    The less said about the movie the better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.