Alex's Arcade Playground

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Alex's Arcade Playground

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Alex King
    Participant

Hello, I started with Hero Machine a few days ago and I just wanted to share some of my work.
    I’ve seen some really great art here and I know I’m not there at the moment, by far not, but I’ll try to learn and get better. Enjoy. 🙂

JR19759
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately I’ve had to remove your picture as a number of them contained obviously copyrighted characters. Please make sure you read the forum rules before posting anything else.

Vengeance
    Participant

hope to see some of your original stuff soon

Tiberius

Welcome to the forums, Alex! I’ll second what Vengeance said, I hope to see some original art soon.

Alex King
    Participant

Hey! I’m sorry, I didn’t know that… okay, so no Masters Of The Universe, I get it. 🙂

But I hope those are okay?

Alex King
    Participant

New one…

Tiberius

Lots of good pictures here! Nice start (or re-start!).

You have some very creative ideas here, can’t wait to see more!

Alex King
    Participant

Thank you! I’ll try to improve. I’ve seen many awsome stuff here. If you have some tips and hints on what I can make better, please tell me.

By the way, english is not my first language, I think you already recognized that, but I hope you guys can understand me. 🙂

Tiberius

I’m sure once you get a good handful of artwork on here, people will start giving good advice, tips and critiques. Your English is quite good, so no worries there my friend.

Alex King
    Participant

Another one… as you can see I’m pretty much into retro-stuff, especially 80ies and 90ies 🙂

Alex King
    Participant

Here I tried something a bit different…

Alex King
    Participant

Just something quick and fun I made in about 15 minutes… 😉

Herr D
    Participant

“Crawlers” is amusing. Next step for you is learning masking. “Sam Steele” has a cigarette that would look much better if it’s cut off the right way to ‘fit’ in his mouth better.  There are tutorials if you want them.

Proper format for decades can vary, one of them is: 80’s and 90’s. Your English is better than many native speakers, or at least better than they bother with. Keep at it.

Alex King
    Participant

Thanks for advice! You’re absolutely right about the cigarette. I also tried to create a shadow for it but it didn’t work well. So I think I need to get into masking.

By the way, is there a possibility to fit clothes, hair and so on on characters you show from the side-perspective? Because until now I can only create characters from a frontal perspective…

Herr D
    Participant

Thanks for advice! You’re absolutely right about the cigarette. I also tried to create a shadow for it but it didn’t work well. So I think I need to get into masking. By the way, is there a possibility to fit clothes, hair and so on on characters you show from the side-perspective? Because until now I can only create characters from a frontal perspective…

Shadows, sideways clothes, fitting objects, all of that becomes possible with masking and special ‘constructions.’ You can build legs and fingers and such out of heads, for example. If you need examples of such ‘misuses,’ you can also check out the OPMC, started by ams. We do that a lot over there. You’re probably already ready for a ‘movie poster’ contest if it comes back to the blog.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.