Dionne Jinn Style

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Dionne Jinn Style

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 158 total)
  • Author

Dionne Jinn

Thanks, Weilyn. I think there should be a way to improve that water effect by sinking the hooves into the water. Now they look like they are standing on water…

Herr D
    Participant

You’ve already done it with your ship. Splashing hooves create more fine splatter at different angles than waves against a ship. Try pushing water against the side of a bathtub and punching your fist one inch into the water as a comparison. Love the blue sky more–love that veil most. Smile

Dionne Jinn

Thanks, but the ship was different case. It already had that wavy edge and I just needed to add a lot of tiny clouds to make that effect. And I like the blue sky more, too. Getting that veil to work gave me a lot of trouble. I was trying both turned female heads and what felt like every Backplane-cape item differently sized before I hit this combination and it just worked perfectly without any masking or other tricky things.

EDIT: And then she said the famous last words “I won’t be zypping this, I’ll just add a couple of shadows…”

Dionne Jinn

And here is the OCD edition:

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/dionne-jinn/2013/01/KaksiRatsua15-1.png

Weilyn

Sublime! Again, the water effects. Holy Christ, I am already mentally stealing that, just a heads up.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Don’t know why you submitted it to the OCD, I can’t see anything that could possibly be improved. Beautiful work, especially the sky and floor.

Dionne Jinn

Maybe because I’m little perfectionist and nothing I do is ever good enough for me. And I know there are things I could and should improve…

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Dionne Jinn said:

Maybe because I’m little perfectionist and nothing I do is ever good enough for me. And I know there are things I could and should improve…

Know the feeling.

Xwing

Whoa… All those faces and little details… incredible. I’m out of words.

Dionne Jinn

Thanks, man.

Dionne Jinn

Some of you old faces might remember this guy (the one in the middle) from my early days with HM. Or you might not… Even I had almost completely forgotten him until a few days ago when I chatted with a friend of mine about Emilio Salgari’s novels. He asked me if I had done anything from Il Corsaro Nero (The Black Corsair) with HeroMachine. I have, but I was never really happy about what I came up with, so I decided to go back to them and rework my picture of the Red Corsair (“Corsaro Rosso”, the brother of the Black Corsair) hanging from the gallows…

CorsaroRossoReMix11-1.png

Harlekin

Hmmm.

Little bit vulgar meaning but perfectly execution. Nice work

Dionne Jinn

Was that pun intended? And I know it is a bit grotesque, but Red Corsair’s hanging is an important part of the story… And anyway it can’t all be pretty all the time.

Harlekin

Because i wrote down stupidity what i want to wrote down is the word morbid not the vulgar, and you absolutly right the life is not always pretty.
    But i wrote down the execution is great of the picture.

Dionne Jinn

I actually meant the “execution”. Pun, like a word game. Execution meaning the “execution of prisoners” (in this case by hanging)…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.