Dionne Jinn Style

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Dionne Jinn Style

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 158 total)
  • Author

Moognation
    Participant

Very well done, and very disturbing…

Dionne Jinn

Thanks, Moog.

Here is a character of mine from long-since-ended Vampire – Masquerade RPG. Her name was Laura and she was a Toreador, and a professional photographer. Her ghoul-cat came to be from a gaming session held in LARP-style in my parents’s house, when my cat was hanging around the place (we didn’t have the heart to lock her in the bathroom for the duration of the game), so as we were supposed to be in Laura’s home, my cat became her ghoul and featured regularly in later pen-and-paper gaming sessions.

Laura.png

Dionne Jinn

And then back to Sandokan-related stuff. Here are two pictures (older one and a re-done one) I have done from the main cast of Emilio Salgari’s novel The Mystery of the Black Jungle, and who also appeared in Sandokan – The Pirates of Malaysia. The man who is standing back is named Kammamuri, he is a servant and friend to Tremal-Naik (the man kneeling with the tiger) and guardian and protector of Ada, Tremal-Naik’s bride and an (unwilling) priestess of Indian goddess Kali.

The original picture:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/189118_208830969134340_5430350_n.jpg

And here is the re-done version:
    JungleCast51.png

Harlekin

Nice work with Laura, i also Vampire fan. Maybe i also redo on of my played character.

And the jungle scene is so nice.

Dionne Jinn

Thanks, Harlequin. I would like to see your character. I’m thinking of doing another Vampire character of mine, Ada Cale (and yes, her given name did come from Salgari’s Ada, because I was running low on ideas for names at the time and it suited her just fine)…

Anyway, here is an OCD (improved) version of the main cast of The Mystery of the Black Jungle. Unfortunately I had to shrink it a lot to get it under the 500 KB limit.
    JungleCast9-1.png

Dionne Jinn

Helene Malden and Martin Rowe might appear like an innocent dating couple, but looks can be deceiving. Helene works at saloons, serving drinks, dancing and singing (sometimes doing other things as well) while Martin clears out their victim’s pockets in poker table, while they both study the city staking out the “big prize”, be it the local bank, rich ranch owner’s house or another establishment. And before locals have time to say “sheriff” the couple is in the wind with a rich haul and they are preparing to start their coup again in another, unsuspecting town…

WesternCouple.png

A contest entry for “Western Villain” contest.

prswirve
    Participant

I love the way you made those awesome backgrounds that complete your illustrations. I just dont have patience enough to do so on mine.

Dionne Jinn

Thanks. I sometimes spend more time doing the background than doing the characters. If you want to use one of my backgrounds, I don’t mind. I have uploaded some of them to “Custom item” archive and added text files, so anyone can use them.

Dionne Jinn

This is still very much a WIP, but I would like some feedback on how the canoe works, and if the characters are too large compared to the boat.

GiroBatolsCanoe4.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Not so much the characters are too large. They are sitting too low. When you sit in a canoe, your hips are above the vessel and your knees are exposed.

Dionne Jinn

Okay. I moved them higher and now show some of their legs. And now their ship looks even smaller…

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/dionne-jinn/2013/02/GiroBatolsCanoe6.png

OCD updated version of the image:
    GiroBatolsCanoe2.png

Dionne Jinn

I think I’m done with the canoe now. And for the record: this is yet another Sandokan image, based on Emilio Salgari’s characters. Sandokan (wearing a stolen uniform) is heading home with his friend, but had to leave his beloved Marianna behind, which made him rather moody compared to his companion.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/dionne-jinn/2013/02/GiroBatolsCanoe6-1.png

EDIT: Added couple more details, as suggested by Herr D during OCD:

GiroBatolsCanoe7-1.png

Dionne Jinn

Sandokan had a rough night… Do you think his pose work? I couldn’t really get his knees to look like I wanted…

Drunk11-1.png

Weilyn

He certainly looks like he’s been having a rough night! Awesome scene!

I see what you mean about the knees, though. It’s like they’re a bit… non-existant.

JR19759
    Keymaster

I’d suggest going for the bent knee jeans in the Kneepads section of the legwear items, maybe they might work better for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.