dblade's Whiz Bang Item Dispenser

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery dblade's Whiz Bang Item Dispenser

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 999 total)
  • Author

CKnap
    Participant

Awesome masks dblade, have you attempted the spandex yet?

dblade
    Participant

@CKnap said:

Awesome masks dblade, have you attempted the spandex yet?

I actually have a few spandex pieces I need to add to the Machine. I haven’t had a chance to get fully into it. I’m waiting for life to slow down a bit so I can finish up the projects I want to complete (breaking apart the materials bodies).

dblade
    Participant

The next poll will be SciFi Leg armor. Any suggestions are welcome. I’ll probably check out the Iron Man universe for reference material.

CKnap
    Participant

@dblade said:

The next poll will be SciFi Leg armor. Any suggestions are welcome. I’ll probably check out the Iron Man universe for reference material.

You are awesome… I can’t wait to see what the ideas are, I’ll look up a few pieces but I’m glad we might finally be able to have a full armoured character.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@dblade said:

Actually if you want some good tech references you should check out Anime and Manga!, I will see if I can find you some pictures, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver comes to mind right away as does Techaman Blade.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Guyver
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Guyver.jpg

Guyver
    http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101215195120/g__/guyver/images/3/31/Guyver2F.jpg

Tekkaman Blade
    http://www.gundammodelkits.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Tamashii-Shop-Limited-Armor-Plus-Tekkaman-Blade-02.jpg

Bubblegum Crisis
    http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/03282008/2/5/6/2/2562e70badf920_full.jpg

Appleseed
    http://miotd.com/images/20080710.jpg

From RIFTS RPG Tengu Power Armor
    http://imageshack.com/a/img202/9743/7f1w.jpg

JR19759
    Keymaster

Actually, seeing those has just reminded me, any chance of any of the male-tech tops being converted to fit the female standard body at all?

dblade
    Participant

Working on Kimono at the moment. No Color 2 at this time. Keeping the design simple. Still have to do the hard part (sleeves). Here’s a rough draft.

Kimono_EarlyDRAFT.jpg

Bad-People
    Participant

Could you please not set weapons and things at 45 degree angles in the future. It makes it really hard to re-size them you see, thank you.

Bad-People
    Participant

How about some canister grenades?

prod_6713.jpgbh-cts-agren.jpgIncendiaryGrenadeFNV.png

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Bad-People said:
    Could you please not set weapons and things at 45 degree angles in the future. It makes it really hard to re-size them you see, thank you.

How do I put this without sounding rude? Well, let’s just say that there are lots of other items you can use if you don’t like those with a different angle than “normal”. Some guys here do characters where 45 degree angles come in handy, you know… ;)

@Bad-People said:
    How about some canister grenades?

I’ve already done one for one of my next batches. Just working on something different at the moment. Have a litte bit patience please… Laugh

Bad-People
    Participant

It’s much easier to rotate something from 90 degree intervals to 45 degree intervals than it is to re-size something that started out at 45 degrees. If you want it to be longer and thinner or shorter and thicker for instance they end up badly skewed.

Hammerknight
    Participant

@Bad-People said:

It’s much easier to rotate something from 90 degree intervals to 45 degree intervals than it is to re-size something that started out at 45 degrees. If you want it to be longer and thinner or shorter and thicker for instance they end up badly skewed.

Anytime you change the size of an item where the percentages are not equal some skewing will happen no matter if they are at 90 degrees or 45 degrees, unless it is a straight item with no bends and turns in the lines. For the most part the items are set up to go into the hands the way they would be held, this makes it easier for the people that are new or just want to make a quick character without having to change things.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

I think it’s important to note that dblade and MadJack are creating these items in their free time just for love of the machine and the community. Suggestions are more than fine and they’ve even asked for our input (how nice!), but I think taking a demanding tone in this thread kind of goes against that whole spirit of generosity they’ve been fostering.

As far as resizing issues: You know that you can always use the percentage values on the scaling graph. You can just type in a value for how much bigger/smaller you want manually in those boxes. As long as you keep the numbers equal in each box, the item will be in proportion. It’s also a good way to experiment with sizes. You can see how much of a difference a 1% increase can make in either value, or even go beyond the 200% limit that using the cursor puts on you (although the highest you can go is 999%). Hope this helps.

RobM
    Participant

dblade, I’ve given some thought to what I might want as my prize for wining the Flying character design challenge.

How about a more front facing perspective for an Energy blast but with Kirby-style crackle?PerspectivePowerBlastReference4Dblade-1.pngkirbycrackle-1.png

Or a men’s dress shirt with more realistic folds like the one in the Female set
    FemaleShirtReference4dblade-1.PNGMensDressShirtReference4Dblade-1.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.