Community Effort Idea

Home Forums The Pub Community Effort Idea

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 215 total)
  • Author

Harlekin

@Iscarioto said:

Love the second phase!

And love the costume for Xiao Tou, I think though I would also like to see a design for him non-costumed, I feel like costumes should come along part way though in the story, but at first he’s an actual street kid, with scraggly clothing, a rebelious haircut, a niggling attachment to crystal meth, that sort of stuff

Hmm like an shojou manga hero. I will do it. :D I like the concept. Great idea.

Iscarioto
    Participant

Just before I post a story thread, shall we initially have it like serial threads, so JR say, you might post an origins story for your character and once we have a few origin stories together we can work together to link them into a comic line from there? So set pieces, and either just a write up for a character, or an actual piece of fiction, with a note to the time period (10 years before, 2 days after invasion etc etc)?

JR19759
    Keymaster

Sounds good to me.

Harlekin

My version for Xiao Tou hope good for your concept.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/tarkabarka/2013/02/Xiao-Tou-The-Little-Thief.PNG

prswirve
    Participant

This girl still unnamed i imagined to be a part of HKPF enforcer… no highlights and details yet.. i just want to portray overall appearance…

enforcer_girl.png

Iscarioto
    Participant

That’s perfect Harli! Great so we know what Xiao Tou looks like in the beginning and have a fantastic costume for him when we get to that part of the story.

prswirve, that HKPF officer is awesome, I feel like we could re-appropriate the Chief character Lam Shuk-Yee to be a female perhaps? Good to have some gender equality! Will try come up with a name. I love the hat, quite accurate to the real thing. One suggestion perhaps is adding a radio with the speaker on the straps, I dunno, for some reason that’s what I think of when I think of the HKPF from experiences over there, prominent radios. Haha.

Okay, So I’m going to finally finish and upload my first portion of story tonight in a new thread named Ascension in the RP forum. Will link it from here. My portion is going to be written in the first person, as it kind of makes it realistic when it comes to gaps in the knowledge of characters as this story sort of develops in real time. You can make assumptions and take risks and make big calls and they can be easily re-conned. So don’t have to follow suit, but yeah

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

So i’ve had this idea for a character, but he seems i little pivotal, so if you don’t like the back-story i made for him just say and i’ll change it.

Mr. Reaper
    All that is known about Mr. Reaper is that he was involved in the creation “Empty Vessel” and that he has a huge grudge against Ascension. He himself has taken “Empty Vessel” and his abilities have manifested into extreme manipulation (ie he can always find a way to make the cards shuffle in his favor, and by simply talking to people can convince them to do certain actions) and in some rare cases possession. He “persuaded” Ge Hong to take “Empty Vessel” and is now using it on people, whom are all cogs in his great plan. He wants to cause as much chaos for Ascension as Possible, and doesn’t care how much damage he does to others in the process…

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/alexanderthemaybenotsogreat/2013/02/Mr.-Reaper.png

prswirve
    Participant

i have to ask a couple of questions and maybe provide suggestions. First, can the legionnaires be killed by guns? I mean small guns like pistols and 45’s? Maybe there should be weak spots on them like the head or some flaws in their armor that can be pierced by bullets, too. Also, is “empty vessel” to be taken once and the taker gains permanent abilities? Or perhaps it’s like drugs that could boost those given abilities but should be taken again again in larger dosage to achieve the same effect as it wanes through time? I think i prefer the second, but then there will be an issue of supply. But then again, this scarcity of supply could provide an interesting twist to the story, too.

prswirve
    Participant

I as of the moment am developing a character for Ascension who’s “empty vessel” enhancement allows him to have supernatural abilities utilizing the bullet dance….http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/prswirve/2013/02/gunkata.png

Iscarioto
    Participant

Alex, I reckon that’s awesome, can we say he’s perhaps a financial backer of the project itself? I like the whole wild card idea, and his power is fantastic.

prswirve, first off, equalibrium? Haha! That’s fine so long as it’s not called gun-kata, because, you know, copyright. As for the drugs, I think a mix of that would be great, hadn’t considered it, but that would make things interesting a month down the track when powers start fading and they need to seek more. And the prospect of overdosing… Very interesting!

prswirve
    Participant

i see so gun kata is under copyright? i thought it was like a martial art term like mma, capoeira, muay thai, etc… lol… how bout gun fu? or maybe a completely different term .. like Pistol Kuryu? Perhaps? lol

prswirve
    Participant

i changed it to bullet dance just to avoid problems later http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif anyway the concept originally started in hongkong with a 1986 film, so i think equilibrium doesn’t own the concept.

and overdosing is a pretty bad ass idea… like there’ll be another bunch of totally overdosed guys who’ll mess up with both the legionnaires and the resistance…

Iscarioto
    Participant

Yeah adds dimensions huh? Better get off my back side and start writing this then!

My mistake, should have known it came from HK Cinema! Very cool, whichever the origin. End of the day, doesn’t necessarily need to be named, he develops extraordinary reaction speeds and precision, which allows him to greatly expand upon his passions for martial arts and slow-mo back flip dives while firing two handguns, as two doves flutter past dramatically.

Iscarioto
    Participant

As for the question about weakness in the Legion, I think conventional bullets will do little damage, unless well placed, making your character a prime candidate for being efficient. There are ways I think, for instance, the weapons used by the Legion could well penetrate, but regular bullets bounce off.

A big part of this is, I like the idea of battles being thought with melee weapons, bit more dynamic. Gun-kata on the other hand, deff fits this dynamism! So yeah, swords and well placed bullets, and their own bullets, and brute strength.

Anyway, here is the link to the story thread

http://www.heromachine.com/forum/the-writers-room/ascension-a-community-development/

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

@Iscarioto said:

Alex, I reckon that’s awesome, can we say he’s perhaps a financial backer of the project itself? I like the whole wild card idea, and his power is fantastic.

Financial backer is good :) I’ve also had another idea for another character, an i’m not quite sure which i’d like to be my player character, so one of the two may be up for adoption f anyone wants them… :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.