Children and old people

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Drawing from both ends of the age spectrum, I’d like some children and old people, please. Children have different proportions to adults, so they can be quite difficult to get right, and even harder to dress – especially boys. Babies are a whole other ball park of difficulty, so feel free to offer up some of them as well. There’s also a contest for this, if you want to turn your base into a character.

Saje3d

Wow. No responses at all. The skinny alternate bodies make great kid’s bodies, I’ve found. Well, kids or goblins. :D I’ve used them for both. I would be interested in seeing someone work up a way to do toddlers and babies, though.

Keric
    Participant

@Saje3d said:

Wow. No responses at all. The skinny alternate bodies make great kid’s bodies, I’ve found. Well, kids or goblins. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif I’ve used them for both. I would be interested in seeing someone work up a way to do toddlers and babies, though.

No Responses, because its poses, for an older person I add age lines and possibly age spots, for younger, I shrink the body, but the poses don’t really change-I think(I reserve the right to be wrong!)

Kaylin88100
    Participant

It’s more that the body shape changes. You can make reasonable children by just shrinking the adult body, but it doesn’t look quite right. I’d be interested to find out what different people use to get the body proportions look right. Also, you know the little-old-granny look where the old lady is bent over? I’ve never been able to figure that out. It’s things like that.

I know this thread is a little dead, but I have a couple tips to share for the ideal granny body.

Starting with her body, go to “Female Alternate”; on the last page is an emaciated body, perfect for someone who isn’t frolicking in youthfulness. This body base doesn’t have breasts, so go to the third page of “Female Standard”–and make sure you’ve selected the “muliples” bubble. In the bottom left corner is a set that’s perfect–with a little tweaking. Gravity, sagging skin, and a less rounded diet take a toll on what might have been perky earlier in life. I usually employ a ratio of 100/117 for the most proportional elongation. After establishing the body, I usually select the skin tone. Because we want to establish that this person is old–not malnourished–we need a skin tone that is grey-ish (because the first layer of skin is dying, and the others are following suit) and slightly purple/mauve (the skin thins with age, so vessels and the cushy layer between the epidermis and muscle begin to show through). I gravitate towards using “Light Caucasian F7EBE7”, or mix my own by layering the same body in different colors that have different opacities.

Moving on to the head, I would suggest to use ones that well-established cheekbones. For the wrinkles, go to “Female Face” or “Male Face”. On the second page are some pre-established wrinkles and freckles that can easily become age spots or liver spots. For the eyes, go to “Female Standard”; on the third page in the left corners are eyes that can easily be layered under other eye shapes to create bags. The mouth and nose, as well as the hands and feet, are subjective; it’s up to a personal matter of taste to select which you’d prefer.

Dressing Granny isn’t too hard; with a little tweaking and masking, she can (probably) fit your vision.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.