CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery CantDraw Gallery of Bad Art

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 660 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

Your take on Aeolus is simply inspired.

CantDraw
    Participant

Thank you guys for all the kind words. I feel very humbled because I’ve learned a lot from all of you. Even though I just started posting in March, I’ve been on HM off and on since 2.5. When I have started, I knew zero about perspective, posing, highlighting/shading. Honestly, I do good just to draw stick figures. Y’all (yes I’m from Texas) have made it possible for me to be creative and have fun doing it within an encouraging environment. So, what I’m saying, is without you, I’d be bored and still drawing the same stick figure battle scenes I drew in third grade.

Weilyn

I know exactly what you mean. I can’t draw a straight line to save my life, but the combination of the HeroMachine, and the inspiration and encouragement from the forums have open up a whole new world of creativity.

CantDraw
    Participant

Alright, here’s entry #2 for the Greek God contest:

CantDraw-Hecate-Advent-1.png
    CantDraw-Hecate-Advent-face-1.png

BIO:
    Ava Saint Maine was an average, undecided major, college student until she received a visit from Hecate, goddess of crossroads. She was given a choice to continue her purposeless life or take on a greater responsibility by taking Hecate’s keys. Ava took the keys and became Advent, travelling the paths between life and death. She appears at moments of crisis when the choice considered will lead to great good or evil. Advent cannot influence, normally, but can only show what may be.

CantDraw
    Participant

I’m writing this in response to Nite Rider’s question in the Greek God Hero contest concerning the relection on the boots. (Wow, that seemed like a long sentence) Anyway, I thought it better to post here so as not to take away from the contest. I was going for a really shiny leather look. To create it I used zypping. If your not sure what that is, there is a circle in the Background-Shapes area on the last page that several on this site use for highlighting and shading. If you take the primary and line colors out, you’ll see what I’m talking about.

For the reflection effect, I make the width of all the zyp circles 1. I group a few together with the longest one(s) in the middle and then go shorter as I go out. I make most of them white with usually one or two on the outsite a mid to dark gray. It’s more art than science and the technique I use required a lot of experimentation. I hope this helps.

Weilyn

Sweet!
    Using several gradients for the same reflection is time consuming, but the results are really worth it, as you jave clearly shown. Great work!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

AMAZING WORK! Whirlwind is fantastic, but Nimu just kills it! Again, just amazing! Advent is hot, too! I love that face.

Scatman

That face is amazing!Great expression!

CantDraw
    Participant

Here’s my newest character from the Sumina universe:

Syn-47-1.png

Syn-47 is a synthetic human from Earth Realm and the leader of a rebellion against her techno-masters. When Earth invaded Sumina, she followed with several of her rebel soldiers to stop them from taking over this magical world. Nimu mistook her for a another invader, but after a brief engagement she discovered Syn was on the same side. Together, Nimu and Syn fight the aliens of Earth Realm, the world of our bleak future.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Risky costume there. Great shading though

CantDraw
    Participant

I forgot to add the face shot of Syn-47:

Syn-47-face-2.png

With great risk, comes great reward.

Weilyn

Great expression!

CantDraw
    Participant

Here’s a third character where I’m still playing around with reflective clothing. In this case, I have a red and silver metal suit.

MetalStreak.png

BIO:
    Dr. Emily Silver is one the most intelligent and skilled engineers in the world. Her life, however, is marked with tragedy when her fiance is collateral damage in an evil scientist’s mad experiment. As a result, she creates an exoskeleton suit that extends her human abilities to superhuman levels. Her third incarnation of the armor is her most advance yet, now that it can fire concussive blasts. The past skills of super strength and speed are still present but she is working on adding flight. Because Dr. Silver is claustrophobic, she only wears her helmet under extreme circumstances. Only recently has her actions become noticed by the media which have dubbed her Metal Streak.

Admittedly, I’m not as happy with this one as the last two. In fact this one was originally going to be Syn-47, but I didn’t like the finished product. So, I just changed the coloring and the shading a bit and presto-chango, a new hero is born.

Herr D
    Participant

You may want to field other opinions–to me it looks more like red vinyl with silver plating. Add more joints to it?

CantDraw
    Participant

I was thinking more like liquid metal. I may do some more with this character, i.e. show her previous suits.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 660 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.