Candruth’s Characters :3

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Candruth’s Characters :3

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 440 total)
  • Author

Vengeance
    Participant

Anubis  and Tech Angel both very good

Candruth

Jerrik:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tiberius

I love the design. I really love the color choices. The shading just makes him come alive, very well done!

Out of curiosity, any backstory for this guy?

Candruth

@Tiberius

Thanks! He’s one of my six main characters in my novel I’m currently editing. The premise revolves around bionic limb-replacement technology that has been made illegal and the resistance that pushes back against heavy enforcement by the Lancers. He suffered a nasty fall that left him as a double-amputee and paraplegic, both of which were solved with bionics. Unfortunately, bionics aren’t perfect, so the bionic spine leaves him sort of numb below the chest even though he can still walk. He and Synnove eventually get together because they’ve both been pretty extensively repaired. They’re also secretly a couple of rednecks, so there’s that.

Tiberius

Nice, Candruth! That novel sound like it is going to be really interesting. Synnove looks pretty sweet as well. One kick to the nuckers from her and it’s lights out!

Vengeance
    Participant

Great design Very good colors

Trekkie
    Participant

Very cool! I love the purple glows

Candruth

Thanks! I love glow-y stuff 😀

Herr D
    Participant

I did get that you intended Jerrik and Synnove to be rednecks. Of course, there’s something somewhat redneck-y about prosthetics that might be billions, rather than millions in our setting, used though they don’t fit right. Like the ‘$600-an-hour safety pin’ conversation in Pretty Woman. And resistances in general have to tend that way without an overall economic plan except ‘keep it cheap.’ I find myself wanting a few maps or digital displays of their setting / battle plans. Good stuff.

cliff
    Participant

Love Synnove and the hand and such, you are so great with bionics nd tech.

not only is the armor on Anubis great, but it’s beautiful yet imposing.

I think the redo on Tech-Guardian-Angel is even more deadly looking, and nice use of the cape being used for the “robe-y” cloth circling his body.

Jerrik’s got a weasly looking face, which I am sure what you were going for.. Everything is SO effective, look the coat back haning down. Great bionic legs , which is NO surprise.

All great work

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

+2 for Jerrik, the badass warior of guns and neon lights!

also, another +2 for Guardian Angel (10 people out of 10 would love (to sell) him (on ebay for the $$$))

My “2” on keyboard will be blank if you keep creating more and more! Unless i first die of excitement while looking at your creations.

Candruth

@HerrD

Thanks for your insight. My characters have been the main focus of the story, so I’m struggling a little with the world/plot-building aspect of it. The feel I’ve been going for in this world is shabby, run-down, and sort of slapped-together, where even the advanced technology isn’t that great. When I was designing my General, I realized the leg was too long but I loved the idea so much that I ran with it (heh) and incorporated it into the story, since it’s a pretty compelling comment on the state of bionics which are attached in secret inside hospitals by sympathetic nurses, or inside homes, or wherever they can get away with it. Even if it’s not ideal, it’s still better than not having a limb, and that’s basically the ideology the resistance operates on. They sort of make it up as they go.

@cliff
    @Lull-carae

Thanks so much for your kind words. I appreciate it. 😀

Herr D
    Participant

The way black market surgery was handled in “Minority Report,” the ‘superantibiotics’ make sterile rooms irrelevant. From there it’s really wherever the surgeon will be able to work well, right? Nervous types and rage addicts would maybe do better on shag rugs and comfy couches with the smell of cookies baking. Drug addicts might do better in a place that holds meetings. Some of the more ornery types would just thrive on rickety tables and broken walls as long as their favorite caviar was on hand in sufficient quantity. Then again, maybe they put up tents inside so they can’t see the men who will kill them if they botch? Amputation is nothing short of dangerous. Fitting prosthetics NON-invasively can be botched to a dangerous degree. Good luck with the story.

Candruth

This is a pretty extensive remake of my Druid character from a long time ago that I wasn’t terribly happy with. More of a loose interpretation, I guess. I’ll stop using gold someday, I promise.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vengeance
    Participant

Okay just wow, not really into the whole fantasy   thing usually, but great color awesome shading, the tattoos are spot on A++

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.