Calvary_Red’s Gallery

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Calvary_Red’s Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 133 total)
  • Author

Calvary_Red
    Participant

Saint-Rose.png

Calvary_Red
    Participant

Calvary_Red-Emperor_of_the_Autumn_Wood.png

Calvary_Red
    Participant

Calvary_Red-Saint_Rose.png

RobM
    Participant

Nice. I love ships made out of gun pieces. They’re the most tech-y things on the Machine.

Calvary_Red
    Participant

Thanks, Rob. I agree about the gun parts, they make great vehicles.

Calvary_Red
    Participant

From the distant future of 1999 comes The Mammoth Metal Man.

Calvary_Red-The_Metal_Man.png

Herr D
    Participant

Uh–different timeline, alternate history, alternate universe, or typo? Even as tired as I am, I’m sure I didn’t dream fifteen years in my last nap!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Herr D said:

Uh–different timeline, alternate history, alternate universe, or typo? Even as tired as I am, I’m sure I didn’t dream fifteen years in my last nap!

Well considering the style, I’d say the picture is meant to be from the 50’s, when 1999 was the future.

Calvary_Red
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

@Herr D said:

Well considering the style, I’d say the picture is meant to be from the 50’s, when 1999 was the future.

You got it JR. I love how in the ’50s people imagined by 2000 we’d be flying to other planets and using computers that still ran on vacuum tubes.

Herr D
    Participant

Yah, okay. I like the more obvious bad guesses too. Almost as much as I like seeing what came true. Like the two-way wrist t.v. Laugh

Trekkie
    Participant

I love that robot! It’s got such a wonderful retro vibe. (Is there a possibility of other pictures in this style sometime…? :) )

JR19759
    Keymaster

It was such a shame that it didn’t win the Machine CDC really, personally it was my favourite out of all the entries, but that’s not how the contests are run unfortunately.

Calvary_Red
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It’s always nice to know when I’ve brightened someone’s day.

Herr D, it is fun to see the hits and misses of sci-fi. We’ve got about two years for hover-boards, right? ^_^

Trekkie, I certainly hope I’ll get to make a few more retro pictures, this and The Heroic are easily my favorite pieces. For me, the tricky part is finding a point were spare time and creative inspiration come together. I’m open to suggestions and advice.

JR, that really means a lot, though it think it’s a good example of why we have the poll – Vector Man earned that one. I’m glad people are enjoying the retro style though, I haven’t seen anything like it on HM yet, so it’s cool to know I’ve brought something different.

Herr D
    Participant

Hoverboards? November 2015, right? Yeah, almost exactly. I have a feeling we will miss that one by more than a month. Not that we CAN’T. Just that it’s inconvenient enough and potentially dangerous enough that no one will rush in and dupe it out as best we can. It’s too actionable. Just one more way that our culture is too litigious.

Calvary_Red
    Participant

Got to thank Jeff, dblade, Mad Jack and the others who’ve been adding new items. I’ve been wanting to make Green Shield’s suit and armor for a while now*, and these parts are perfect.

GreenShield.png

Space_Flight.png

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.