Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

Less of an actual update than it is just a tidy up. The Keeper is easily one of my favourite characters but her last image was slightly messy so I just had to fix a couple of things.

The Keeper

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anarchangel
    Participant

When the Watchguard decided to form a black ops team, they tasked Reaper with leading it and allowed him to choose his own teammates. The first name on Reaper’s list was Mighty Mamba.

Mamba is tall and strong but he is also scarily fast and able to strike with lethal precision. Echo squad’s first and foremost tool is subterfuge and surprise and nothing is more surprising than seeing someone the size of Mighty Mamba springing towards you like a bolt of lightning and punching you in the throat.

Surprise! You're dead!

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Xiang Jia was born into a powerful family within the Triads of Emerald City. A family known for their ruthless and vicious tactics. A family of devils. Her father and elder brothers were all power players in the local world of organized crime but, as a girl, Jia was mostly left out of the family business and treated like a child even when she began to mature. She wasn’t like the rest of her family at all. While they were brutal and often heartless, Jia cared a great deal about the people around her and even the people her family stepped on to gain their power.

Some of the gang members who hung around the family businesses gave her the almost mocking nickname of “Gentle Devil” but Jia accepted it as a compliment. She was happy to have a big heart and a gentle nature.

What everyone failed to realise though was that this gentle devil was still a devil and Jia had secretly been plotting her own family’s downfall for years. The masked Gentle Devil sprung a coup and seized power from her family, revealing her identity to them they had been ousted just to rub dirt in the wound. She hated her family for their cruel treatment of the locals and planned to protect her community with the Triad’s power rather than destroy it in a desperate grasp for power.

Jia now has a death grip on her family’s assets, both legal and illegal. While she has had to prove herself to the other families in the triad, she has earned the loyalty of those working for her many times over. They will protect their boss to the best of their ability and know that she will do everything in her power to keep them and their families safe too.

Many have made the mistake of underestimating this young woman, While Jia may be gentle, Jia is still a devil and she is more than capable and more than willing to stop being so gentle and resort to more violent methods if she needs to, as many rival factions have learned after trying to encroach on her territory.

Jadetown in Emerald City may still have a high crime rate but it’s under the protection of a Gentle Devil as she fends off the advancing threat of much more violent monsters who would like to see everyone burn.

"Anyone else care to test me?" - Gentle Devil

Attachments:

Karen Alexopoulou
    Participant

That’s amazing!!!

Anarchangel
    Participant

That’s amazing!!!

Thank you. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

Of all the threats that Starborn has faced in his travels through the cosmos, none have been more dangerous than the megalomaniacal Magnetar.

This despot has conquered hundreds of star systems, crushing any resistance under his boot.

The origin of this tyrant has been lost to history but it is widely believed that he is thousands of years old and his strength is only growing with age.

When Starborn (at the time known as Starchild) was enlisted into an army of galactic heroes attempting to defend another planet from Magnetar, he fought the tyrant to a standstill but Magnetar is a cruel and petty being and refused to accept defeat. He unleashed a device deep into the planets core, triggering a a countdown to the planets fiery death.

Starchild’s allies managed to evacuate much of the populace but Starchild himself became trapped as he held off Magnetar, preventing him from destroying the fleeing spacecraft.

As his allies fled the dying planet into space, they could only look back in horror as the world exploded.

Starchild died instantly.

…Or so everyone thought.

The universe itself had other plans.

The explosion shattered the ancient gems which gave Starchild his abilities and as the power of the cosmos was set free it enveloped the matter that had once been Akihiro Shigenoi  and reformed it, infusing itself into the very atoms of the young human.

Thar day Aki became Starborn. The chosen warrior of the universe itself. An envoy of eternity, built from the very matter of the cosmos itself but with the human heart and mind that made him a hero in the first place.

As for Magnetar? The conqueror barely managed to escape with his life and limped away to lick his wounds. He retreated to the heart of his empire and left his generals to battle the encroaching enemies.

Starborn isn’t aware that Magnetar survived the dying planet but something at the back of his mind tells him he should be afraid.

"This universe belongs to me!" - Magnetar

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Magnetar is great! I really like the glow you’ve given his outfit.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Magnetar is great! I really like the glow you’ve given his outfit.

Thanks, Vamp. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

This character doesn’t belong to me. Captain Thunder was created by Green Ronin Publishing as an NPC for their Mutants and Masterminds roleplaying game.

I just always really liked the character so I wanted to make him a costume.

I actually made this quite a while ago but never bothered to post it here as I’m not sure how or even if the whole “No Copyrighted Material” rule applies here as this is a character from a roleplaying game.

If any of the mods have a problem with this being here, I honestly have no problem deleting it.

Captain Thunder

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

This was just a quick concept costume for a friends character.

Makeshift came from the same roleplaying game as Alpha Dog and just like Alpha Dog, he was built entirely around a random name given by the GM.

I was given very little instructions for this costume other than “Make it look a bit ****.”

Makeshift’s whole thing is that he can cobble together inventions with whatever crap he finds lying around so I wanted to make his costume look like he had just grabbed a bunch of mismatched stuff and put it on, like the stop sign armour.

Makeshift can make some pretty impressive stuff but his inventions usually only last a short while before they start to fall apart. He’s the guy you can rely of for a gadget in the heat of battle but if you want something that will last, you’re probably better off looking somewhere else.

"Did someone call for a mechanic?" - Makeshift

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Makeshift sounds like he’d be a fun character to play / write. One of my best iterations of a chaotic neutral gaming character had a chaotic neutral IQ and made along his range a perfect sailing vessel out of a pair of wine casks (critical success) to a +10 Beard Of Frightening that scared into submission the enemy he was trying to make it a peace offering to. (Never blow up a dwarf’s beard.)

Anarchangel
    Participant

My entry for this weeks contest.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Happy Hour.

Happy’s power is time manipulation. To everyone else he appears to be a speedster as he seems to dash about but he’s actually slowing everyone else down…or creating a field of increased time around himself as he moves…or I dunno. Time is weird.

He is only able to travel up to an hour into the past or the future at most. Which is probably for the best so as to avoid screwing up the timeline.

Happy Hour

Attachments:

Vengeance
    Participant

all your designs are good as usual , really like Happy hour

Anarchangel
    Participant

Another member of The Mortal Gods. This time it’s the party god himself, Dionysus (a.k.a Bacchus).

Dionysus has spent much of his current mortal life living on the streets. So when the Mortal Gods found him and welcomed him into their ranks, unlocking his powers in the process, he was more than happy. He was ecstatic.

His state of ecstasy has lasted more of less since then and as is only fitting for the god of wine and revelry, Dionysus has opened a chain of nightclubs. The Bacchus Bar is popular with normal people, celebrities and supers alike and Dionysus has declared it neutral ground so it’s not uncommon to see both heroes and villains enjoying a drink right next to each other.

Dionysus spends most of his time at the Bacchus Bar as he is entirely uninterested in getting involved in the inane shenanigans the the other gods get themselves involved in on an almost daily basis.

"You're taking this very seriously." - Dionysus

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Johnny Red was never much of a super villain. He was a c-lister at best no one ever really took him seriously. He made a buck or two here and there hiring himself out to better bad guys as powered muscle and he occasionally managed to pull off a robbery but he was never good enough to pull off a major score. He thought about trying to rob a bank but who the hell actually uses paper money these days. It’s all digital and he wasn’t nearly smart enough to make a digital heist work.

Drowning his sorrows one night at The Crow Bar, a local dive frequented by masked bad guys, Johnny overheard a couple of guys talking about The Circuit Maximus, an underground wrestling league for people with super powers. Johnny didn’t have many other options for making money at that moment so he decided he would give it a shot.

The Circuit Maximus was an underground legend and tales were always flying around about it but Johnny wasn’t prepared for what he found. He was expecting a cage fight in some seedy back alley, not the spectacle he found. A warehouse filled with spoiled rich kids and Wall Street crooks with nothing better to do than bet their ill-gotten money on super powered people punching each other in the head.

He was immediately in love and sought out the circuit’s owner, begging her for a chance to fight. She was initially hesitant (After all, who would want to see a nobody like Johnny Red fight?) but eventually she agreed. What was the worst that could happen? The idiot would get his head caved in and everyone would have a good laugh.

Johnny wasn’t the biggest or toughest guy working the circuit but he was definitely one of the sneakiest and he won his first fight. By cheating, sure, but this place was rife with bad guys who cheated all the time so hardly anyone even batted an eyelid.

And he continued to win. Sure, there was the occasional loss but overall he performed well and made a sizable chunk of money. But Johnny surprised everyone, himself included, when he beat the Circuit Maximus champ in the upset of the century,

Johnny Red had finally made a big score. He had finally hit the big time. He was finally a somebody! Unfortunately for him, he had also painted a target on his own back. Now everyone in the Circuit Maximus would be gunning for him and trying to take down the upstart champ.

Johnny Red is finally a champion but how long can he survive in The Circuit Maximus?

"Who's on top now, losers?" - Johnny Red

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.