Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

………………..So…yeah…This guy happened.

*shrug*

I originally came up with this character a while back but didn’t give him the heromachine treatment because I could never settle on a look that I liked.

He’s supposed to be kind of like a trucker who, instead of driving a truck, uses a suit of armour that effectively makes him like a human truck….You don’t want to get hit by either.

———————————————————————————————————–

Clancy O’Brian was always teased for his size, even as a child, he was abnormally tall and overweight. But he was also immensely strong and he knew it. By the time he hit high school, Clancy had become a bully and a thug, terrorising anyone he even thought was making fun of him.

When he dropped out of school (or rather, when he was kicked out for bullying) he only seemed to get angrier as he continued to get larger, eventually becoming hired muscle for the many criminals in his city.

Clancy’s younger and far more intelligent brother, however, couldn’t be any different. Ryan was not only accepted into several prestigious colleges due to his impressive intelligence, he actually invented a powered suit to help Clancy with his decreasing mobility, whose sheer size was having a serous impact on his spine. Eventually, he would end up paralysed if not for his brothers suit.

But rather than showing some deserved gratitude, Clancy forced Ryan to upgrade the suit even further to enhance his already considerable strength. Fearful of his brother, and rightfully so, Ryan complied.

Sick and tired of just being a lackey, Clancy adopted the name Wide Load and decided to use his size and strength to take all of the things he thought he rightfully deserved.

Clancy isn’t just an angry psychopath though, as evidenced by his infatuation with Knockout.

When Wide Load met the young heroine, he fell madly and passionately in love with her. He even tried to show her that he could be a good guy for a time. But when she continually rebuked him, he eventually snapped, thinking that it was because of his size.

In her defence, Knockout was gay and wasn’t interested in any man. At this point in time, Knockout hadn’t come out to anyone but her closest friends and wasn’t comfortable telling a crazy criminal like Clancy.

Since then, Wide Load has become one of Knockout’s most recurring foes. He’s still obsessed with her but he’s not above showing his anger. He never has been.

Wide Load

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anarchangel
    Participant

In the new year, I would really like to get back into writing stories for the characters you see here.

The problem is I’m so scatter-brained that I can never settle on one character to actually write about.

Earlier in 2016, I started writing the origin story of Knockout and I was really happy with where it was going. Knockout has quickly become one of my favourite characters and I think Xian Lai Do is the only female character I like more. Unfortunately, the computer I was writing it on died on me and I was too stupid to have saved it elsewhere. Now the thought of having to rewrite everything fills me with dread as I have a feeling I wouldn’t be able to remember it all and it just wouldn’t be the same.

Other options include Dragonfly, Adrenaline or Invictus, my three favourite characters. Although both Dragonfly and Adrenaline make appearances in Knockout’s story.

I’ve also thought about continuing or even rewriting Poison, a story I originally began on the old Heromachine forums. I’m not sure how many of you would even remember that but it was a supernatural mystery about a woman who wakes up in a morgue with no memory of how she got there. The first few chapters of that were good but some of the later stuff I’m determined to rewrite. Take it in a different direction entirely.

Serenity Miller’s story has always been one of my favourites but it’s quite an intimidating one to turn into a full story.

There are also several non-superhero stories running around in my head that I’d like to do at some point. Branching out every now and then is always a good thing.

Anyway, the reason I bring this all up is to ask if their are any characters here that you guys would like to see more of. Any favourites you’d like me to write some stuff for? Or are any of the above ideas even remotely interesting to any of you?

Let me know and I’ll try to get my brain to function long enough to form some coherent sentences that I can string together.

Herr D
    Participant

Definitely more on Knockout. –What might help is to deliberately write a backstory for a character that you’ve no intention of making a picture for and NOT sharing it with anyone. Sometimes spreading yourself deliberately thin like that helps the focus on any one project.

ams
    Participant

I like your Dragonfly concept with Goliath Beetle as the villain.

Here is a suggestion to help your thought process and how I create characters in my head…..VILLAINS!  Without a great villain to stir the pot and make things bleak for everyone, a story is just blah.  Start with your antagonist causing the mayhem to you setting where your hero will evolve from.  The more badass your villain, the better your hero’s story will impact.  Just my 2 cents….

Cheers!

Anarchangel
    Participant

I like your Dragonfly concept with Goliath Beetle as the villain.

Here is a suggestion to help your thought process and how I create characters in my head…..VILLAINS! Without a great villain to stir the pot and make things bleak for everyone, a story is just blah. Start with your antagonist causing the mayhem to you setting where your hero will evolve from. The more badass your villain, the better your hero’s story will impact. Just my 2 cents….

Cheers!

The main antagonist in Dragonfly’s story is Vox, who is just the most sinister presence and my favourite villain by a wide margin. But that story is so wide reaching and interconnects with several other stories like Comet and Phoenix.

As a standalone story, the Goliath Beetle does work better. There’s also a new villain I’ve been tinkering with who I think could be perfect for Dragonfly…

I like these ideas. Thanks guys. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

A side project in the same vein as the medical droid I posted last month.

I wanted rp medic character to have some kind of companion but, as cute/weird as the droid was, he didn’t really fit. So I started working on something else instead.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Code Blue Medical Assistant Dog….Or just Cody.

Cody (Code Blue)

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

. . . and if he fails to resuscitate them, does he bury their bones behind the gravestones? At least we know he’s a better ambulance chaser than most lawyers! I want one!

Anarchangel
    Participant

A remake of the Nowhere Kids wisecracking teleporter, Sidestep.

I’ve been working on this guy for the better part of two weeks now and I’m sick of the sight of him so I’m posting him now and moving on to something else before I spend the rest of my life tweaking his costume.

Sidestep

Attachments:

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Excellent work, as usual.

Of all the forum regulars, your style is definitely the most similar to what I’d like to achieve, and therefore I’ve learned the most from you so far.

Cody (Code-Blue) is superb.

What’s Sidesteps glowing hoop about? 😛

As always, super jealous of your costuming.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Thanks.

The glowing hoop is his choice of weapon. Ever see Xena? He teleports in, throws the disk, cracks some heads with it, all while teleporting from place to place.

Throw, telport, catch, teleport, throw…You see where this is going.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Christian Hart joined the air force right out of high school. Never wanting to do anything other than fly, he quickly earned his wings and spent few decades in the air. Under the call sign Arclight, Hart earned the respect of many with his flying skills and his dedication to the men and women he fought alongside.

Hart, under the call sign Arclight, now commands Phantom Squadron, based on Star Island military base just off the coast of Freedom City. The Phantoms are often called into help deal with the many threats faced by mad supervillain weapons,  massive robots and alien invasions that inexplicably seem drawn to the area.

Arclight and the Phantoms have earned the respect of not only the superhero community for providing much needed backup but of the general population for keeping them safe.

Lt Christian Hart (Arclight)

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

No, I’m not just being weirdly descriptive or lazy with these names. They’re named after atomic bombs.

When the nuclear powered her known as Atomic’s powers became unstable, he tried his best to reach an unpopulated area. He managed to avoid killing anyone in the explosion caused by his eventual death but the fallout poisoned the inhabitants of a small town.

Only four people survived the exposure to the radiation but they gained bizarre powers and became twisted both physically and mentally.

Fat Man, Little Boy and Black Betty, under the leadership of Mind Wave, formed The Children of the Atom, a radical group that initially sought to end the use of nuclear energy but eventually  shifted their goals due to Mind Wave’s growing megalomania.

Fat Man, the human warhead, is easily the groups muscle. Little boy is a far more sinister threat though. Actually the oldest member of the group, his enormous eyes can hypnotise people to do his bidding.

Fat Man and Little Boy

Attachments:

Trekkie
    Participant

Neat designs!

Vengeance
    Participant

Cool , caught the names of two nukes used in WWII

Anarchangel
    Participant

When Colby Ramos, owner of the Midnight Red theater, refused to sell his business to Pinnacle Industries, who planned to flatten the entire neighborhood, the building was set on fire, with Colby and his wife,Riley, still inside. Colby saved Riley’s life but lost his own in the process.

The corrupt local police refused to investigate, branding Colby’s death a “tragic accident”, former army ranger Riley decided to take matters into her own hands . Adopting the name Midnight Red in honor of Colby, Riley take revenge on everyone involved in her husbands death, unveiling a web of corruption in the process.

Midnight Red

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.