Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Looks great dude

Anarchangel
    Participant

When the original Mantis retired from the life of crime, his sister took up the identity. This much more violent Mantis was responsible for a series of murders along America’s eastern seaboard and was eventually tracked down and brought to justice by Vespa.

Seeing his sisters imprisonment as a personal insult, the original Mantis returned while his sister was incarcerated,

But now Lady Mantis, as she has come to be known, has escaped from prison and has continued her killing ways.

Lady Mantis

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Just a slightly updated version of El Toro Loco.

El Toro Loco

Attachments:

darkvatican

Very well done, Anarch. Your shading has gotten very good, I see. ^_^

Anarchangel
    Participant

Very well done, Anarch. Your shading has gotten very good, I see. ^_^

Holy crap, dude! Where have you been?

Anarchangel
    Participant

The violent vigilante Valkyrie….Try saying that five times fast.

Valkyrie

Attachments:

darkvatican

Holy crap, dude! Where have you been?

Just “about”, I suppose. I hit a creative “dry spell” that sapped my interest in the tool (HM3), but I’ve been trying to get back into it, of late. I’m interested in getting feedback on my recent projects, so I’d take it as a kindness if you’d give any tips on how to improve my work. Your shading is b’dazz! (isn’t that what I used to say all the time? šŸ˜‰

Anarchangel
    Participant

I’m not really sure how much advice I could give on that subject as I still consider myself kind of a novice.

I suppose what I normally do is imagine a fixed light source somewhere around the character and use shading to place either light reflections where that light would hit the body and shadows where the body blocks that light. Like under the chin. I put shadows there on pretty much every character. But for that I tend to use a head with dark colours and the alpha reduced a bit. That varies depending on the colour and stuff of the base clothes etc. Just mask that onto the body/shoulder etc under the chin and head and you get a nice shadow.

The colours I use for shading tend to be just one shade lighter than the base colour they’re placed on. Shadows are obviously the opposite.

Was that even a little bit helpful? I would highly suggest talking to someone like ams, who does shading a lot better than me and could probably explain it a lot better too.

darkvatican

Iā€™m not really sure how much advice I could give on that subject as I still consider myself kind of a novice… (explanations given here) Was that even a little bit helpful? I would highly suggest talking to someone like ams, who does shading a lot better than me and could probably explain it a lot better too.

Yes! I will try both of those tricks and see how my work improves. Many thanks, my friend!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Just an updated version of Jupiter (a.k.a Zeus). Founder and leader of The Mortal Gods.

Jupiter

Attachments:

darkvatican

VERY good job on Jupiter! I love the masked thunderbolts and the angling of the cape. šŸ™‚

Anarchangel
    Participant

A new costume for Invictus, because the last one was terrible.

Invictus

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

He may not have any super powers but standing 7 ft fall and weighing nearly 400 lbs, Russia’s most beloved hero is a veritable mountain of a man nonetheless.

With a keen strategic mind and a true desire to protect his people, Vanguard is often on the front line, facing off against any threat his country faces.

Vanguard

Attachments:

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Awesome recent designs as always. I especially love Vangaurd’s costume, the colour scheme and item use is great.

I like the way you use multiple objects to create the main shadow at the characters’ feet. I only just noticed how you do it, since I’ve just started to add base shadows myself, and I’ll definitely try playing around with it!

darkvatican

Invictus and Vanguard are polar opposites, in terms of design, but they are both firmly in the “awesome” category! I like your custom-created boot and gloves on Vanguard (his costume in general, really) and the hood/cape-lette (is that a word? lol) on Invictus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.