Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

The Hunter is one of the worlds most proficient heroes, despite not actually having any super powers, like so many of his fellow heroes. He is simply a master martial artist (one of the best in the world) with great tracking skills.

Lee Shen Dai had dedicated his life to mastering the martial arts of the world. Growing up in the hidden city of Shambala Vale, he began by mastering one of the most powerful styles known to man. After coming of age, he set out into the wider world in order to learn many more. He eventually arrived in America where he encountered a number of masked heroes and, more worryingly, super powered criminals. Dai resolved to use his skills in the martial arts and his uncanny ability to track down just about anyone to help his new found hero friends and make the world a better place.

The-Hunter.png

Legatus
    Participant

Great!!! Don’t mess with the hunter or else he will hunt YOU!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Zane Harley, Ricochet and Kinetic (formerly the Kinetic Kid) may well be the weirdest family of heroes the world knows.

……………….

Zane Harley may be small but don’t let that fool you. He packs one hell of a punch. Born with the ability to control kinetic energy, Zane managed to make the most of life and never let his dwarfism get the better of him. His abilities make him stronger, faster and more durable than most other people on the planet. Today, Zane is a government agent charged with finding the super powered youngsters of the world and teaching them how to control their powers.

Ricochet is Zane Harley’s son (though both kept their relationship secret for years) as well as one of Americas top heroes. He shares his dads control of kinetic energy but is maybe more powerful (but his power level seems to fluctuate). A show off with an ego, Ricochet is occasionally a bit of a jerk and doesn’t get along with many of the top tier heroes but has nonetheless had quite a career and has even led a team of (ill-fated) heroes for a time.

Kinetic is the result of one of Ricochet’s enemies attempts to clone the hero as part of some nefarious plot. Ricochet interrupted the machine which Kinetic was growing in before the maturation process was complete. He emerged with all of Ricochet’s memories and personality but had only physically developed into a teenager. Kinetic still had Ricochet’s heroic tendencies and helped Ricochet defeat the bad guy.
    But as you can imagine, waking up to find that your entire life, everything you remembered, belonged to someone else was a tad shocking, not to mention infinitely depressing and Kinetic went on a downward spiral for several weeks as he reevaluated his existence. He had the memories of living to his mid twenties as Ricochet but was physically only a teenager. Ricochet himself was less than helpful, finding the whole situation disturbing and even at one point suggested killing his young clone.
    Eventually Kinetic convinced himself to turn this bizarre situation into an opportunity. He had a second chance at life. A chance to do things differently. A chance to be a whole new person. He tried to make himself as different from Ricochet as possible, dying his hair blonde and adopting a punk rock style. Some people thought his desire to be different from Ricochet was pushing him to extremes. And to an extent, it was.
    Unfortunately he was still technically a teenager and was forced to attend high school. Initially Zane Harley, his adoptive “father” placed him in the Claremont Academy, a school for super powered youngsters and the same school Ricochet had attended. While Kinetic liked the other powered students (and was even given the name The Kinetic Kid here) his obsession with being different from Ricochet pushed him to rebel and he spent more time roaming the streets than actually attending class. It was here that he encountered a group of kids with super powers who were trying to protect their neighborhood. After visiting these kids several more times, Kinetic realized that while their intentions where noble, they weren’t at all organized. What they needed was someone with experience to show them how to do it right. Lucky for them, he had plenty of experience. Okay so it was Ricochet’s experience but still..
    He eventually managed to convince Zane to enroll him in the same school as his new friends. They needed guidance and he could provide it. It was a decision that benefited everyone. The Lost Boys (as they became known) benefited from Kinetic’s experience and leadership skills and Kinetic began to mellow somewhat. He has begun to settle into his new life and his new identity.
    He still doesn’t like Ricochet a whole hell of a lot though.

………………

Phew. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/anarchangel/2013/02/Family-Portrait.png

Anarchangel
    Participant

Batman? Who is this “Bat man” of whom you speak?

…………………………

The original Midnight Owl was a member of Ricochet’s team of heroes, The Seekers. Unfortunately the Owl was one of many casualties in a battle with the Seekers enemies that saw him and several other members killed.

The identity of the new Midnight Owl is unknown. But Ricochet is intent on finding out.

The-Midnight-Owl.png

Anarchangel
    Participant

No one is entirely sure who the mysterious Alleycat is, or even what the hell she’s up to. She tends to insert herself into battles between superhumans, choosing one side seemingly at random and helping her chosen ally without uttering a single sound. When the fight is over, she slinks back into the shadows and vanished.

No one has ever been able to determine who the mysterious woman is and even the Hunter has been unable to follow her when the fight is done. Someone once suggested that she’s some form of battle spirit which has taken up residence in the city. Most people believe this to be nonsense as those who have fought her claim that she’s entirely flesh and bone. The Hunter is undecided. After all, this woman seems to leave no trace of her presence whatsoever. It has become a personal mission of his to find out more about one of the very few people who have ever managed to evade his tracking skills.

……………….

Not entirely sure what the whole balancing precariously thing is all about but…whatever.

Alleycat.png

Anarchangel
    Participant

Alright, that’s enough for now. I’m sick of typing and have nothing else to share anyway. See you all again in a couple of months :D

Anarchangel
    Participant

Ugh! I just realized I did the letters on Ricochet’s name different from the others and now it’s annoying the hell out of me. Gotta go fix that.

Anarchangel
    Participant

My browser feels a need to tell me that the Heromachine lab is in Italian and needs to be translated, despite it obviously being in English. Anyone else experienced this?

Trekkie
    Participant

Yeah, I have as well. I’m not sure why it does it, but it’s pretty easy to ignore, even it can get irritating after a while.

Anarchangel
    Participant

I’ve been experimenting with a new costume for perhaps my second favourite character (and inadvertent Superman rip-off) Comet, who I’ve been meaning to create for quite some time now. This is not at all the costume I had intended to create (he’s supposed to have a blue and white costume with a mask) but I got this image stuck in my head of him flying above the city at night, with lights on his costume. And since this guy literally bleeds cosmic energy in the form of bright lights, I thought “why not”.

Thoughts and comments welcome. Does it work?

…………………………………

There is quite some debate about Comet’s origins. The majority of people believe him to be some form of extra terrestrial entity as he first appeared near a comet which crashed on the outskirts of Freedom City after a bizarre flight path which led many to believe it was actually some form of spacecraft. The Freedom League were among the first on the scene and discovered Comet, naked and suffering from disorientation with apparently no memory of his life before that point in time. Believing he was being attacked, Comet retaliated and fought the League until their superior numbers won out. Later, while being questioned by Captain Thunder, he remained quiet (and apparently dazed) for some time until he suddenly began talking, claiming “It took time to learn your language”. This statement lent credence to the belief that he is an alien. After all, what human could learn an entire language in a few hours after only listening to other people speak? Despite this, some people believe that there is at least a possibility that he is actually a human who gained powers from the mysterious comet from which he took his name as it was apparently made of a material which no one could identify.

Captain Thunder christened Comet “Jack” simply for convenience sake as he appeared to have no other name at the time. Jack would later adopt the surname Holmes after the Holmes comet, which is believed to be the comet which crashed outside of Freedom City, bringing him to our world. Interestingly, the Holmes comet has been observed entering and leaving out solar system for centuries, perhaps even millennia. If Jack was indeed aboard the comet that full time, he may well be one of the oldest living creatures in existence.

Comet was initially detained by AEGIS who believed he could pose a considerable threat. He seemed perfectly willing to remain in their custody, understanding their fears, although he did break out of their detainment facility with surprisingly little effort after observing the Freedom League in trouble on TV. To the surprise of many, after helping the League defeat their enemies, Jack returned to the facility of his own volition where he again seemed perfectly willing to stay. The Freedom League eventually convinced the powers that be that Comet was not a threat and could in fact become one of the worlds greatest heroes. He was released under the provision that he work under the supervision of a number of trusted heroes.

He quickly became one of the worlds most popular heroes, thanks in no small part to his very friendly personality and genuine altruism. But while Jack was a friendly and kind individual, there was another being which arrived on Earth in the comet. One which seemed the polar opposite of Jack. The being which would later dub itself ‘Entropy’ went completely unnoticed by the heroes of the world in the confusion that surrounded Comet’s arrival. The normally insubstantial being managed to possess a number of individuals and sowed seeds of discord throughout the world as it plotted the destruction of the planet. Eventually it managed to possess Comet himself, intending to use the hero’s vast power to literally tear the world apart. Still unaware of Entropy’s existence, many thought Comet had simply gone mad and a number of the worlds heroes fought the fallen hero high above Freedom city. A number of heroes (and villains) who had previously been possessed by Entropy proved the key to returning ousting Entropy from Comet’s body, along with astounding willpower from Comet himself. Entropy was eventually defeated, but not before vast damage had been done.

Those who had been critical of Comet’s presence on Earth already took the opportunity to point out the destruction caused by just one man and laid the blame for the devastation squarely at Comet’s feet. They either didn’t believe that Entropy truly existed or simply didn’t care. They wanted Comet gone, one way or another.

Jack himself was horrified by his own actions while possessed by Entropy and decided it was best if he left the planet. Despite pleas to stay from several major heroes and the majority of the public (who still considered him a hero even after the destruction he wrought) Comet left Earth and took up a sentry like watch over the planet from the cold reaches of space, where he remains to this day. He has returned on several occasions to aid his former allies and the people of Earth when they truly need him but each time he returns to the cold vacuum of space once the day is saved.

The truth of Entropy’s existence has been released to the world and there has been a public outcry for Comet to return, but Jack’s own shame keeps him at a distance from humanity. Perhaps one day he will return to solid ground, but until then, he continues to hold his solitary vigil over the Earth.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/anarchangel/2013/03/Comet.png

NHA247
    Participant

That’s awesome!!! I could totally see that character in a series of comics!

Vampyrist
    Participant

That costume is simply beautiful.

Vengeance
    Participant

COMET Way cool dude

Anarchangel
    Participant

This is an HM3 remake of a character I created a loooooong time ago with HoM. I tried to stay as close to the original costume as possible but I may make him a new one at some point.

If Comet is the Superman of my universe, then Prowler is definitely the Batman. Although Jack and Lincoln don’t have the epic bromance that Clark and Bruce have. In fact they’ve never even met.

I’m not sure my usual white background works here. The character is supposed to be pretty stealthy but that doesn’t really come across here…..Oh well.

…………………………….

Ask most people about the Prowler and they’ll tell you he’s nothing more than an urban legend. A story spread by the law to scare the bad guys into staying on the straight and narrow. But unfortunately for the criminal underworld, Prowler is all too real. The masked vigilante slinks through the shadows, pouncing on unsuspecting prey like a big cat of the urban jungle. They say he has control over the very shadows themselves and the speed of seven men. In actual fact, Lincoln Everett has none of these things. He’s just a man who grew tired of the criminal element that went unchecked by the almighty superheroes of the world and so decided to do something about it. But he lets the rumors spread. He lets his prey fear him. It makes his work so much easier. Not to mention fun.

Prowler.png

Anarchangel
    Participant

Continuing my run of rip-off characters, here’s Wonder Wo–I mean American Dream. :)

Those of you who have been around the longest may recognize Dream, as she’s the character I’ve recreated more than any other. I think I’ve made about seven now, including Dream’s golden age predecessor. This probably isn’t the last time I’ll recreate her either.

I’ve always liked American Dream because while she’s the strong and patriotic heroine, she’s not entirely sane and often hears voices in her head. She tries to explain this away to herself by putting it down to her limited telepathic powers but deep down inside, she’s not so sure.

American-Dream.png

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.