Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

I’ve been messing around with this guy for quite a while now. I couldn’t get it looking right for some time and I was tempted to just give up but he’s such a good character I didn’t want to do that so I kept trying. After creating the Ant Queen (specifically her wings) I finally found a look that, I think, said “Technological Insect”…..Boy, that’s a weird demand for a character.

….

Daniel Saint is gifted with the ability to control any technology with just one touch. Weirdly, he’s also gifted with the ability to shrink to microscopic sizes. This actually comes in handy as he can get inside a piece of tech both literally and figuratively.

Daniel is a skilled hacker and took up the name Microchip as an online alias. The suit he built and wore while venturing inside machines resembled a robot but was really just to protect him from any electrical backlash. The few people who saw him in full getup mistook him for a superhero or villain, although he had no intention of being either.

It was only with his eventual association with Dragonfly that Daniel/Microchip found himself dragged more and more into the world of super-heroics. On one unfortunate occasion, Microchip found himself trapped in the strange place known as “The Lost World” with Dragonfly and several other heroes and villain. Cut off from every form of technology for a number of weeks (a terrible fate for a technopath) Danny had a slight breakdown. Fortunately he and the others managed to make their way back home but not before the lost world had had an effect on Daniel.

Back home, he secretly built himself a new set of armour that resembled, in many ways, Dragonfly’s costume and began to take a far more active role in the world of superheores. No one knew who this new hero calling himself Static Buzz was but they knew that his tactics were reckless and put others in danger. Static intervened in Dragonfly’s adventures for several weeks, throughout which both seemed to develop a professorial (though light-hearted, as far as Static was concerned) rivalry.

The truth has only recently been revealed about Static Buzz’s true identity and while he and Dragonfly continue to work together, the lies and abrupt change in Daniel’s personality has put a strain on their relationship.

…..

Hmmmm. I could probably have summed that all up a lot quicker by simply saying “He went through a Yellow-Jacket phase”.

Static-Buzz.png

Anarchangel
    Participant

Ugh. Every time I post a character I see something I don’t like. This time it’s that glowing belt….It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Also just noticed the mismatched colours on Jupiter’s boots.

Anarchangel
    Participant

This guy here is mostly the work of a friend so I can only take a small part of the credit.

Adonis is an astronaut who literally stumbled across an alien laboratory on the moon and into a machine that granted him peak conditioning. Despite the name, he has absolutely no connection to Jupiter and the Pantheon.

Adonis.jpg

Anarchangel
    Participant

I just accidentally deleted the Adonis file. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, HM3 needs an “Are you sure?” screen when you delete something.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@Anarchangel said:

I just accidentally deleted the Adonis file. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, HM3 needs an “Are you sure?” screen when you delete something.

I have passed your comment along to Jeff who has said that you make a good point and he agrees.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Good to know :)

Anarchangel
    Participant

Like Dragonfly, Vespa (Italian for “wasp”) also made an appearance in my old archive. This is a new design for her. And a far better one in my opinion. I don’t think I’m finished tinkering with her though so you’ll probably see her pop up again from time to time.

Vespa-1.png

Weilyn

Static Buzz looks awesome!
    I have to say I kinda like the belt.

Also, sidenote: have you considered saving your images as PNG rather than jpg? PNG tends to get less grainy, preserving detailing.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@Weilyn said:Also, sidenote: have you considered saving your images as PNG rather than jpg? PNG tends to get less grainy, preserving detailing.

I felt like I was doing that wrong. I used to tell people to save as png way back when I was originally using Heromachine but since I’ve been back I somehow managed to convince myself that jpg was the better one.

Noted. Thanks for setting me straight :)

Anarchangel
    Participant

Weird. I fixed Jupiter’s boots so they match but when I upload it here, it keeps showing one as red on the side.

Hammerknight
    Participant

You may need to rename the file.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Apollo is a member of the Pantheon, although unlike many others, he doesn’t buy into Jupiter’s hype that they’re gods. He and his half brother, Mercury, joined the Pantheon half out of curiosity and half out of a desire to keep an eye on Jupiter and the other so called gods. Since joining, Mercury now fully believes in Jupiter and his claims while Apollo remains skeptical.

Over the course of his adventures, Apollo has learned that his body contains within it the power of an entire star. This makes him potentially one of the most powerful beings on earth but also one of the most dangerous and he now lives in constant fear of death because the theory has been put to him that if his body really is like a humanoid star then there’s a possibility that when he dies, the energy inside him could collapse in on itself and create a black hole, capable of destroying the planet.

……….

I like Apollo. He’s a total boy scout. Which is different from my usual characters who tend to always have a dark edge to their personalities. Hell, even the “angel” in my universe was a mental patient for a time.

p.s. Not entirely sold on the flaming fist. I don’t think I got that looking right.

Apollo.png

Xwing

Wh0a! Awesome super-über-heroes! Especially that Apollo-guy and Gekko.

Apollo’s costume is great. You should probably play around with the transparency of the flames if you want a more convincing effect.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.