Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

prswirve
    Participant

These new ones all look great! And that windows laptop… :)

Anarchangel
    Participant

Go take a look at page one of this thread. The second character I posted here was Salamander. Her costume was bulky and gross and she just altogether sucked. Time for a makeover….Kind of.

Now while I’m still nowhere near as talented as the truly great creators here in the heromachine community like ams or Jeimuzu etc, I’d like to think I’ve improved lately. And I think Salamander is a good example of this. I’m not 100% satisfied with this (the half Iron Fist collar is weird) and I know there are things I could have done better but it’s still pretty decent I think. At any rate, it’s much better than the original. In my own opinion anyway.

Salamander.png

“You can beat me down into the dirt but I will never stay down” – Salamander.

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

That is a really cool character, i love the colours, zypping, pose and well just about everything about it
    Laugh Great makeover Smile

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Was going through your older stuff to see Zane Harley. Really cool! I LOVE BABYFACE!!! And I didn’t notice anyone else mention it. Fat Man and Little Boy were the nicknames of the A-Bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@Alexander of Limbo said:

That is a really cool character, i love the colours, zypping, pose and well just about everything about it
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Great makeover http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Thanks. I wasn’t really sure about the colours myself but I’m glad you like it. :)

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Was going through your older stuff to see Zane Harley. Really cool! I LOVE BABYFACE!!! And I didn’t notice anyone else mention it. Fat Man and Little Boy were the nicknames of the A-Bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Well yeah, that’s what they’re based on. In fact I even tried to make Fat Man kind of look like a bomb. They’re part of a group of bad guys called The Children of the Atom. I think I meant to post some of the other members of that group but never got around to it. Maybe I’ll do some of them soon.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@prswirve said:

These new ones all look great! And that windows laptop… http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

I just noticed this post. Yeah, that was a last minute addition but I’m glad I did it :)

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Salamander is so cute! I love the undershirt.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@The Atomic Punk said:

Salamander is so cute! I love the undershirt.

Thanks man! I was aiming for “cute”…..Well technically I was aiming for “cute but could kick your ass” but cute is still good :)

Anarchangel
    Participant

At this stage this character is really just a costume experiment. I don’t have a back story or anything for him yet.

I tried to add an effect to show his power but we all know I suck at that so it kind of looks weird and I’m not sure if it just distracts from the character so I’m including a version without it and you can all judge for yourselves.

Anyway, this is Magnetic….for now.

Magnetic-1.png
    Magnetic-no-gun-1.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Love the costume. You’re one of the best on here at making super cool superhero outfits.

Trekkie
    Participant

Salamander and Magnetic both have great designs!

Anarchangel
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

Love the costume. You’re one of the best on here at making super cool superhero outfits.

Thanks. It’s a shame I suck at so many other things :)

ams
    Participant

Great costume for Magnetic. Love the colors and the collar. Suggestion for the powers in use, glowing eyes! (Shows he is controlling the floating gun.)

Cheers!

Anarchangel
    Participant

@Trekkie said:

Salamander and Magnetic both have great designs!

Thanks. I’ve always liked Salamander as a character but the way I had originally depicted her with HM was pretty awful. It’s nice to have a design that does the character justice.

Anarchangel
    Participant

@ams said:

Great costume for Magnetic. Love the colors and the collar. Suggestion for the powers in use, glowing eyes! (Shows he is controlling the floating gun.)

Cheers!

I actually tried that but it covered up too much of the eye area and he lost a lot of his expression. And it’s rare for me to make an unmasked character whose face I’m actually happy with so I didn’t want to cover it up

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.