Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

One day, while bored, I started messing around with the Zimbio superhero name generator. I put in a friends name and it shot back the superhero name “Ping Pong”. That was such a dumb name that I had to try and make that character.

Unfortunately, while trying to make a silly character, I somehow accidentally made a character that I actually like.

So I guess here’s the teleporting Ping Pong?

Ping Pong

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anarchangel
    Participant

…I don’t even…What?…What’s happening?… Who the hell…I’m so confused.

Don't look!

Attachments:

Speedy Jester
    Participant

Ping-Pong seems like a fun character, his powerset reminds me of Sideways from DC while his look seems like a re-imagining of a homemade Spider-Man.

Anarchangel
    Participant

We interrupt our regularly scheduled superhero shenanigans to bring you my D&D character.

Or a concept costume for her anyway.

Sola is an assassin turned alchemist, attempting to make amends for her past sins by helping as many people as she can. Naturally gifted with poisons, Sola has now turned her skill to crafting less deadly concoctions and has become the group’s de facto healer.

Unfortunately, no matter how much she tries to distance herself from her past, death and destruction still seem to follow her wherever she goes and she highest body count in the party by a country mile.

OK, so this started as a running gag in-game that Sola was so efficient and ruthless at killing the enemy that she kind of got retconned into being a former assassin but it’s a story that I really like. It gives her some added depth.

The duel sides of Sola, her desire to help others and her somewhat violent tendencies are represented by her gauntlets. My favourite game item of all time. She carries small capsules of healing potion on her gauntlets. When one is smashed, another moves into place.

…That’s right, boys and girls, Sola heals her friends by punching them in the face.

She also has a bow with blades on it and arrows that contain bombs and other potions but the healing gauntlet is my favourite piece of kit.

I’ll probably come back to this and tweak some things so you guys may see Sola again.

Sola Everfall

Attachments:

Wolfram
    Participant

Hey, just curious but how do you get the outline of a different color around spandex?

Anarchangel
    Participant

Hey, just curious but how do you get the outline of a different color around spandex?

Do you mean the line colour?

Wolfram
    Participant

I mean like in certain characters they have like a border around certain colors not line color. I’m not sure exactly how to describe it. A good example would be your character Chronicle.

Anarchangel
    Participant

I mean like in certain characters they have like a border around certain colors not line color. I’m not sure exactly how to describe it. A good example would be your character Chronicle.

Chronicle’s costume involved a lot of layering and masking. Take the chest for example. If you place one body and then layer a shape on top of that, you can then place a second body and mask it to that shape. If you change the colour of that second body, you’ll only see the part which you masked to the shape.

You can turn off the colour of the shape or chuck it to the back of your layers. Whatever works for you. It’s really just a matter of fitting the shapes where you want them.

There are better tutorials on how to mask around here somewhere but I don’t remember where.

I think that’s what you’re asking about. Sorry if I just explained something you already know. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

My interpretation of a friends character. Spark Plug comes from the same RPG as Alpha Dog and Makeshift where myself and a bunch of friends were given a random name and challenged to come up with a character based on that name alone.

Sparky is tiny but she’s a big personality. Bubbly. Talkative. Bat-crap crazy. But most importantly, she’s enthusiastic about literally everything.

I don’t often mess around with “auras” (because I’m bad at it) but I kind of like this one.

Spark Plug

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

So I actually made this guy as a sort of loose concept for an Overwatch hero quite a while ago but never bothered to post him (I may have forgotten about him) but I was watching coverage of Blizzcon yesterday and the reveal of Overwatch 2 finally kicked my brain into motion again and reminded me of this guy.

I had no real idea of what I wanted this character to be when I started. I just wanted to make something. So I found a random country generator and it gave me the United Arab Emirates. So that’s where he’s from. Now I don’t speak Arabic, unfortunately, but Google informs me that “Jihaz” is the Arabic word for “Device” or “Machine” or…something like that. Google translate is hardly the best source. But if it’s either of those words then it fits well with his general gimmick.

Drones.

I see Jihaz as something of a multi-class hero, fitting somewhere between DPS and support, depending on how the player chooses to use him. Jihaz has a number of drones that can perform various functions, determined by the player before use and can either be used by Jihaz himself or sent to accompany a teammate. They can either work as airborne turrets, something like Torb’s stationary turret but less annoying, and target whoever Jihaz directs them to or simply attack the nearest enemy if accompanying a teammate.

Their second mode provides either shields or healing to Jihaz or whoever they happen to be accompanying. Jihaz needs to determine which mode they’re set in before sending them out and if he wants to change the mode, he’ll have to recall them and send them back out after a short cooldown.

The drones have minor shields of their own can be destroyed by enemy fire, which starts a somewhat longer cooldown while they’re repaired. I think this would force some tactical thinking when playing Jihaz as he could theoretically recall a drone before it’s destroyed but he would be leaving his teammates without support. Sending drones to teammates also limits Jihaz’s personal firepower so the player would have to consider that so as not to leave themselves defenceless should a huge angry gorilla happen to catch them alone.

I also like the idea of Jihaz being able to hold onto a drone and have it lift him to a higher vantage point but I’m not sure if this would work with other characters who lack a lot of mobility like Ana, for instance.

I haven’t figured out what his Ultimate would be yet so if you have suggestions, feel free to share them with me.

Now obviously I’m not a professional at things like this so some of the things I’ve suggested here may not work or even make sense but I like this guy anyway. I had fun making him and figured it was about time I shared him.

And if you’ve made it this far without tuning out, have a cookie. 🙂

Jihaz

Attachments:

Wolfram
    Participant

Thanks for the tip it does help a lot actually.

Anarchangel
    Participant

With my last guy, I picked a country completely at random and made a character from that country. I liked that idea so I’m going to keep doing it. At least for a bit.

This time around the generator gave me Seychelles. So here’s the islands fighting fury, Félicité.

"Who's next?" - Félicité

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Today on our journey around the world, we’re in Luxembourg, where we find Duchess.

Now I’m not quite sure why my brain went to jetpack granny when thinking about Luxembourg but…here we are.

…Enjoy?

Duchess

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

From Yemen, Sun Spider.

Mostly retired these days, Sun Spider never really wanted to be a superhero, much preferring to work as an analyst but he always seemed to find himself getting involved in fieldwork.

These days he spends most of his time behind a desk but will occasionally put on the costume again to help teach those reckless youths of today how to use their powers properly.

Sun Spider

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Happy new year to you all!

May 2020 be a better year for us all than 2019 because my god was that ever a stinker. Let’s just call that a practice year and try again.

In the spirit of new beginnings, I’ve gone back and redesigned a character that actually brought me a lot of joy in 2019. My D&D character, Sola.

While the last design was fine, it was just that…Fine.

There wasn’t really anything special about it and there wasn’t even really anything about it that I particularly liked. Whereas with this new look, there’s a lot I like and a lot that people who know the character can pick out from the image and say “Yep, I recognise that.”

So all in all, I’m much happier with this design for Sola. I may go back and try one or two colour variations but this is definitely better than the last one.

So from me and Sola, have a very happy new year.

We love you all. 🙂

"Want to play catch?" - Sola Everfall

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.