Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 1,501 through 1,515 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Every time I come back here, I remember why you’re my favourite.

The change to riptide works. The Last One looks amazing, and Cherry Bomb is great. May you never run out of character ideas.

RobM
    Participant

Yeah, Anarchangel, you have a great eye for costume design – deceptively simple but super effective. It’s really easy to get lost in the details and add stuff just to add it. You almost never do.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Every time I come back here, I remember why you’re my favourite. The change to riptide works. The Last One looks amazing, and Cherry Bomb is great. May you never run out of character ideas.

Thanks!

I’m not sure I should be your favourite. There are much better creators around here than me but I appreciate it nonetheless.  🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

Yeah, Anarchangel, you have a great eye for costume design – deceptively simple but super effective. It’s really easy to get lost in the details and add stuff just to add it. You almost never do.

Thanks.

I wish I was talented enough to create the full scenes that some people around here can create but alas I do not. That’s ok though as I like making a good costume.

Anarchangel
    Participant

The wannabe gangster Billy Fisher is obsessed with all things retro and old fashioned, to the point where he actually paints his entire body grey in an attempt to make it look like he belongs in an old black and white movie.

This obsession is perhaps brought on by his ability to revert things (and people) to an earlier version of themselves with only a touch. This power can revert adults to teenagers or even further and an encounter with a group of heroes including the likes of American Dream and Adrenaline among others left the heroes as babies with Dragonfly trying desperately to care for a bunch of super-powered toddlers while also tracking down Billy, who was now referring to himself as Vintage and attempting to set himself up as some kind of crime lord.

Dragonfly received some unexpected help in the form of a local politician and Billy’s brother, Roger . Billy was becoming increasingly unhinged as he tried to “help” his brother’s career. Unfortunately Billy  had always been violent and racist and Roger wanted nothing to do with him so tipped Dragonfly off to his location.

Fortunately for the other heroes, Vintage’s powers wore off after a while and the returned to their adult forms. Though a lot of them joke that Adrenaline never really grew up and still hasn’t.

Vintage spent several months locked in a maximum security penitentiary after his arrest but when Nevermore broke into the prison in an angry attempt at revenge on the then incarcerated Shaman, he inadvertently allowed a number of prisoners to escape. Vintage among them.

Vintage’s current whereabouts are unknown and he hasn’t been heard from for quite some time but it’s surely only a matter of time before he shows up again.

Vintage

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Whisper redesign because the last one was terrible.

Whisper

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

This urban pirate was a c-list bad guy at best for years. He would continually rob banks and attempt to flee in his stolen ant-grav “ship” only to be repeatedly foiled by various heroes. Most people on the street didn’t even know who Corsair was until he rose to prominence in the public eye when a channel 6 news team captured him apparently killing Mercury in cold blood on camera. He had grown tired of the constant meddling of so-called heroes and decided to go down a far more brutal route with the latest one.

Mercury only appeared to die and was rescued from the brink of death by Trauma (who almost died himself in the process) while a rage filled Apollo battled Corsair. Apollo would probably have killed Corsair if Mercury hadn’t shown up in time to stop him.

Mercury’s apparent resurrection lent a lot of credence to the claims of the Mortal Gods that they were in fact the ancient gods of Greek and Roman myth. The truth about Trauma’s involvement was kept from the public. More-so at Trauma’s request than anyone else’s but Juno was quick to jump on the the Mercury story to boost the public image of the gods.

A lot of people truly began believing in the Mortal Gods after this incident and their “worshippers” grew significantly with a large number of those worshippers very vocally  voicing their hatred of Corsair for his attempted killing of a god.

Corsair’s reputation tanked even further and he faded into the shadows, only occasionally being heard from for a number of years.

Meanwhile, the Mortal Gods continued on with their mission to aid the people of the world. Some, like Aphrodite and Mercury, took full advantage of their celebrity godhood while others like Apollo and Eros attempted to stay out of the spotlight. Regardless of their own opinion on the matter though, all of the gods ended up being worshipped to various degrees by the general public and they built a lot of good will.

During the second Terminus invasion when the extra-dimensional despot Omega attempted to conquer the Earth, the Mortal Gods leader Jupiter sacrificed himself to destroy the tyrant’s flagship. It was a tragic blow to both the Mortal Gods and the world as a whole but Athena and Apollo rallied the reeling gods to continue the mission. Jupiter’s death was kept from the public and it was claimed he was simply taking a backseat in the activities of the Mortal Gods.

Several months after the invasion was repelled though, Corsair reappeared. Transmitting on a pirate TV broadcast, he claimed that the supposed gods had been misleading everyone for years. He told the world that Jupiter was dead and the gods claims that they could return after death were lies. If they weren’t, where was Jupiter? He demanded that the elder god show himself or the Mortal Gods would be branded liars in front of everyone who trusted them. This was impossible of course as Jupiter had died.

Corsair had put Athena, the gods operational leader and Jupiter’s daughter, in an unwinnable  situation. She couldn’t show the world Jupiter as they knew him. That Jupiter was gone. But the Mortal Gods leader had been reborn. He was just an infant, barely a couple of months old. Athena decided it was finally time to be honest with the people and informed everyone that Jupiter had been reborn but as he was still an infant rather than an adult, she refused to allow him to be exposed to a media circus and dangers like Corsair.

Unfortunately, years of bending the truth and a refusal to show any kind of proof resulted in a loss of faith from many of the Mortal Gods followers and the general public opinion of the group plummeted.

Corsair had struck a blow against the gods and he knew it. He had no intention of stopping there though. He intended to destroy the gods completely and knew exactly where to start. If Athena’s claims of Jupiter’s rebirth were true, he would find that boy and use him to crush the rest of those obnoxious gods.

The Mortal Gods now must protect the infant god from the machinations of a madman.

Corsair

Nighthawk
    Participant

Loving your work Anarch!! Your creations have come on leaps and bounds mate. Keep it up!!

Anarchangel
    Participant

Hamilton is a massive pig man with a hammer larger than most people which is really all you need to know.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Just an update to Dead Beat as some aspects of the last one were annoying me.

Dead Beat

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Vulcan, also known as Hephaestus, is the forge master of The Mortal Gods and is largely responsible for most of their advanced tech.

Before becoming aware of his past life as a god, Edward Parks served with distinction in the military as an engineer, serving in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He was widely applauded as arguably the best engineer around and someone you would be lucky to have backing you up in battle. Unfortunately, Eddie’s time in the military was cut short when he and his team were hit by an I.E.D.

The rest of his team died but Eddie survived…Barely.

Losing both legs and with most of his body and face badly burned, it seemed Eddie’s time in battle was over.

Shipped back to America, he received the best treatment possible to recover from his injuries thanks to a mysterious benefactor. After over a year of rehab, he finally met this mysterious benefactor who turned out to be none other than Juno of the Mortal Gods.

The Olympus Group had but their wealth and power behind Eddie’s recovery and Juno explained that she thought Eddie could be one of their own. A god lost among the mortals. Eddie was initially sceptical. After all, what kind of god could he be in his current state?

“One of the best.” was Juno’s answer.

Eddie was given access to all of the Mortal Gods services and named as the new head of the Olympus Group’s science and research department by Jupiter who knew all too well of his inventive skills. Access to the best toys available quickly sparked Eddie’s imagination and one of the first things he built were a pair of robotic legs. The procedure to affix them to his body was painful and dangerous but ultimately successful and Eddie could finally walk again.

Adopting the name Vulcan, Eddie soon became an integral part of the Mortal Gods operations and earned the trust and respect of the other gods, thanks in no small part to his wry sense of humour.

Unfortunately, the years since have been hard on Vulcan. He has grown more and more angry at a world he sees as toxic. People aggravate him greatly and he does his best to seclude himself away in his workshop for long periods of time.

Jupiter’s death during the Terminus invasion was particularly tough on an already bitter and angry Vulcan. The other gods, Mercury especially, often attempts to drag their friend out of his melancholy but they are finding it increasingly difficult.

Vulcan is still loyal to the Mortal Gods (mostly to Athena) but some believe that if his downward spiral continues, there may be no coming back from it.

Vulcan

Anarchangel
    Participant

Flynn Shaw’s entire life has been one long fight. All throughout his childhood, he was always getting into trouble for starting fights with other kids over the smallest thing. He seemed to just be looking for excuses to fight wherever he could find them.

After finishing high school, Flynn immediately joined the army where he served with distinction for years and earned a reputation as the best damn soldier around. Flynn served in multiple wars even before Jupiter informed him of his history as the god of war. While some may be surprised to learn that they were in fact an ancient god reborn into a mortal vessel, Flynn took the news in his stride and quickly reclaimed the ancient name of the god Ares. It seemed obvious to him that he was the god of war once someone else said it.

While no longer an active soldier, Ares is now the head of The Mortal Gods security forces and he jumps at any opportunity to enter battle with super powered morons who don’t know any better than to tussle with him.

Ares is the heavy artillery of the gods. The one they throw at problems that can’t be solved with words. A human tank who relishes battle. Unfortunately for the other gods, if Ares lust for battle isn’t satiated, he often picks fights with them. Eros and Mercury are his favourite targets as he considers them weak and in need of toughening up. He doesn’t dare start a fight with Athena though. Not after the last time.

Ares is the strong backbone of the Mortal Gods but he’s also a temperamental lunatic and if anyone pushes him too far (his fellow gods included) he’s likely to snap and no one wants to see the war god truly angry.

Ares

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

I uploaded the wrong Ares file. There were some small shading mistakes in there that I had gone back and fixed before posting but somehow still managed to upload the old one.

Ares

Attachments:

Wolfram
    Participant

Hello Anarchangel, I have been going through you archive for the past couple days or so and I have to say I am amazed at your work, it is incredible. I have been using heromachine 3 for at least 4 years now. I only made an account this past year. I have yet to post any of my work. I have recently started shading and posing my characters. I am still not sure how you do it. Are there any tips you have for me on how to pose characters, or on how to shade them well?

Thanks, WolframXT

Anarchangel
    Participant

Hello Anarchangel, I have been going through you archive for the past couple days or so and I have to say I am amazed at your work, it is incredible. I have been using heromachine 3 for at least 4 years now. I only made an account this past year. I have yet to post any of my work. I have recently started shading and posing my characters. I am still not sure how you do it. Are there any tips you have for me on how to pose characters, or on how to shade them well? Thanks, WolframXT

The best advice I can give in regard to posing is to find a reference image and try to fit your own pose in the same way. You can find a bunch on either Google or Pinterest by searching something like “pose reference sketch”. I’ve used things like that for inspiration in the past and it’s worked out well.  I’m still not great at posing though so there’s maybe better people to ask about this than me. Don’t be afraid to experiment with poses though. Even a slight readjustment of a leg or an arm or even a hand can make a world of difference.

Shading is at least somewhat easier in my opinion. I use the gradient background shape. In the background > Shapes category. On the last page. Third on the top row. Use the slider to lower prime colour and line colour to zero (or just type 0 in the box next to it) then use second colour a shade lighter than the area you’re shading. Or darker if you’re trying shadows. I like to picture a light source somewhere around my character, usually top left, and that helps me picture where the light would hit on the character making lighter areas. I’ve always found making darker areas somewhat trickier but I suppose the opposite applies. Just picture where the light doesn’t hit and fit your shading accordingly.

Don’t overdo it on shading though. You don’t need a whole lot. Too much shading can occasionally overwhelm a character so find a balance that works well for you.

I’m by no means saying that this is the correct way to do things but it works for me. Other people may do things differently so again, don’t be afraid to experiment.

I hope my ramblings help in some way.

🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1,501 through 1,515 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.