a bit of lime

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery a bit of lime

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 218 total)
  • Author

Weilyn

Very nice! I love that hat, and whenever someone finds a use for it.

There’s just one thing I find a bit odd. The outlines of the axe’s handle and the lute are the only ones that are entirely black, while the rest are more muted, which make them stand out from the rest of the image.

Apart from that this is a great design. You can tell that you “get” colours.

Lime
    Participant

A family from the story I’m working on. I may go back and mix up some custom shades of blue to give their clothes some variety.

Now I’m off to go work on said story, since that was my plan for this weekend.

wolfwoodfolks.png

Dionne Jinn

That group shot is great! I’m sold! The guy in the middle got my attention from the first moment. He kind of reminds me of Thorin from the Hobbit movie. They are not the same, but there is something that made me to fall for this guy. I wish I could read the story you are writing for them as I would love to know more!

Lime
    Participant

@Dionne Jinn said:

That group shot is great! I’m sold! The guy in the middle got my attention from the first moment. He kind of reminds me of Thorin from the Hobbit movie. They are not the same, but there is something that made me to fall for this guy. I wish I could read the story you are writing for them as I would love to know more!

Thanks! Too funny, I was just telling my husband that Richard Armitage could totally play Ulfvar — as Thorin he sounds totally like I hear the character in my head.

If I ever get this book finished and published, I will certainly spread the word here! :)

Weilyn

Very nice group! Like I said, you have a great eye for colours, and how they work together.

Lime
    Participant

This is Hel, daughter of Loki and administrator of the less-exciting Norse afterlife for people who don’t get picked for Valhalla. She didn’t volunteer for the position. Like her brothers Fenris-ulf and Jormangand, she had a monstrous bearing that frightened the residents of Asgard. So the gods cast Jormagand (also known as Midgardsormr, the Midgard Serpent) into the sea, chained up Fenris-ulf, and, as mentioned, sent Hel to the outskirts of Niflheim (the really cold place) to look after the dead.

This picture is meant to suggest the moment she realized she wasn’t coming back from this place she’s been taken to. It’s a detail of a picture too large for the forum. You can see the full version here: https://sites.google.com/site/asplashoflime/ It includes the Gjoll bridge and also Modgud, its skeletal guardian.

hel.png

You may know the story of how Loki tricked Hodur into killing Baldur with mistletoe, the one thing to which that god was vulnerable. Hel agreed to allow Baldur to return to the living, if his mother Frigga could convince every single thing in the world to weep for him. Loki, disguised as an old woman, was the sole holdout. I do have to wonder if Loki’s doings in this story wasn’t revenge for the fate of his own children. I don’t suppose there were too many who wept for them.

Lime
    Participant

wheredreamscomefrom.png

Appropriately enough, it’s way past my bedtime.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Nice work with the witch and Chinese dragon.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Great work. It is a real good design.

Lime
    Participant

Inspired by the low visibility outside my windows brought on by winter’s unasked-for encore:

mistybeastie1.png

I decided I rather liked the way this guy’s face came out, so I thought I’d share a close-up of him, too:
    mistybeastie2.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Agree to both. He’s a really neat character with a scary face. Also, I am so sick of the snow and cold.

Lime
    Participant

Mysterious … :)

mysteriousilhouette.png

Weilyn

Hey, nice to see you again!
    Love the latest creation. Excellent choice of colours.

prswirve
    Participant

@Lime said:

Mysterious … http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

Indeed…
    Great Work!

Scatman

wow!pretty!Laugh

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.