We just did a bit of server tweaking to address some of the slowdowns people have been experiencing lately. If you run into any issues, please comment on this post.
Sponsored Links (which Premium Members will never see):
I've had half a dozen reports in the last few days of not being able to export images, has anyone here seen that? It works fine when I test it but these folks are telling me they get the popup window, only they never get the image.
Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
Is anyone having trouble printing directly from HM3? I'm having trouble getting the image to appear properly using the built-in "print" button, it cuts it off.
With thanks to Panner and MMI, I've just updated the HeroMachine 3 Alpha with some more bug fixes:
Thanks to both of those folks for their excellent troubleshooting and bug reporting, it made squashing the bugs much much easier.
My question for you all regards automatic masking.
Currently, let's say you have one item (for example, a square insignia) masked to another (like a body). Here's how that looks:
But then you decide you want to add a second item from the same slot. In our example let's say we wanted to add the chevron insignia. We select "Multiples" in Insignia, then click the chevron. The old item, the square, becomes UNmasked from the body, and the new item, the chevron gets masked instead, like this:
The question is, when you add a second item from a given slot (like the chevron insignia), would you prefer that the masking on the previous item (the square insignia) stay applied? Or would you prefer to keep it like it is now, where masking transfers to the new item along with colors and such and the old item is unmasked?
I just posted a minor update to HeroMachine3 that hopefully will fix some of the layering and "stuck item" problems people were having when loading up saved characters.
I'll explain the nitty gritty after the jump for those who are interested.
I think I've fixed the HM3 Alpha problem where using "Save as JPG/PNG" would squeeze your character into the upper left corner of the image if you used the left or right Hand. It now sets the image size to 400x600, which means wingtips and such will get cut off. But, it returns those features to basic usability, at least.
It also hopefully sets the stage for the "choose super big size" option down the road. In fact, I think I can by default set it to larger than 400x600 if you guys want, just let me know. This is all uncharted territory, I'm just hacking my way through it, but I'll give it a whirl.
I've just uploaded an update for the HM3 alpha that hopefully will fix the problem with the layers getting hosed up beyond all belief when you load saved character. Unfortunately it looks like this has also broken the "Move to bottom" function and introduced a new error when loading a saved character where things are getting masked to the wrong items.
But, I wanted to put this up there for now to see if at least the layering problem is fixed. Give it a shot and let me know -- I THINK you can load old characters and it ought to work properly.
I just posted a slightly updated "TopsMaleStandard" set that fixes a patterning bug on one of the sleeveless items and on the ribbed t-shirt.