I hate it when that happens

(From "Heroic Comics" number 29, 1944-ish.)

13 Responses to I hate it when that happens

1. ams ams says:

KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

2. Avatar William A. Peterson says:

So, if you fling a Blanket over a Hero named Hydroman, does that explain the origin of the term “Wet Blanket”? 😀

3. Avatar thejay says:

Did he mix his pills again?

4. Avatar Loki says:

Damn! I was beaten to it!

5. Avatar Niall Mor says:

Methinks we have found a worthy successor to Bulletman for the title of Dumbest Superhero Ever.

6. Avatar Mr.MikeK says:

I guess Khan had to work his way up to Jim Kirk. Sort of a farm team system for villains. Hydroman is the hero used by the farm team for the farm team that feeds the farm team for the majors.

7. Avatar X-stacy says:

I can’t blame Khan for wanting to cover up that costume. Although, judging by the flesh-tone legs, it could the the absence of costume he’s covering up….

Alright. Now that you have the blanket over him, it’s time to hit Hydroman with the bar of soap wrapped up in a towel.

I totally missed that it was Khan. My favorite bit, and what makes this one of my all-time favorite Random Panels, is the intro:

“As Hydroman is temporarily blinded by the flying rabbits…”

I wish every story started out that way.

“As Oliver Twist was temporarily blinded by the flying rabbits … ”
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, as we were all temporarily blinded by the flying rabbits … ”
    “We the People of the United States of America, in order to form a more perfect union free of blinding by flying rabbits … ”
    “It was a dark and stormy night, and I was temporarily blinded by flying rabbits … ”

It makes ANYTHING better!

10. Avatar Mr.MikeK says:

@Myro – The official blanket party weapon of choice is a bar of soap in a sock. A towel is too hard to manage since the handle is a bit bulky but a thick wool or cotton sock in just right.

Not that I have any experience with it.

Mr.MikeK (10): Thanks, that makes much more sense.

12. Avatar frankie says:

….Making Hydroman permanently blind, deaf and dumb.

13. Avatar puknjay says:

Wow defeated by a blanket! No wonder this guy never made it, and when will he become the spider-man villian we all know and love lol.